PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Detailer Brand.

imported_Jared
09-27-2001, 03:51 PM
I tried pulling up this site yet it hasn`t been working for awhile. Anyone having the same problems?

imported_Intermezzo
09-27-2001, 03:59 PM
I just pulled it up. Seems to be working fine for me.

YoSteve
09-27-2001, 04:01 PM
I`m having problems too, looks trippy when I try to get there :D

svanderbilt
09-27-2001, 04:35 PM
As of 2:33 PM Pacific Standard Time, I was able to pull the site up. I`ve purchased many items from Tacscar, and have been more than satisfied every time.

imported_Jared
09-27-2001, 04:43 PM
Yea, Tim`s a great guy and I`ve purchased many things in the past from him. I`m guessing it has something to do with my connection right now as I am on a network.

Don2000g
09-27-2001, 05:48 PM
I have his two phone numbers. If you`re having any problems on the net just bother the hell out of him at home. I don`t even use his site anymore, I always call him up and give him my order in person. I also like to speak to him because he has quite a few products that are not listed on his site. Laters.

FastHappy
09-27-2001, 06:03 PM
trippy?????? i don`t see that in the web design hand book.

that`s why we had to put don on call block, hehehe. just joking, i love to here from my good buddy don. believe me he is just as nice a guy when you talk to him on the phone as he is on the forum.

ask4j
09-27-2001, 07:11 PM
Jared, I was having the same problem. I was clicking on an old Favorites bookmark to access the site and it was not working anymore. I changed the address on the old bookmark address to www.tacscar.com and now it works fine. If you don`t know how to change a favorites web address just speak up and we will fill you in.

:D

IanHam
01-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I have a few questions about these products.

I was thinking of purchasing the All Purpose Cleaner and Super Degreaser and All Purpose Cleaner Plus,

The super degreaser would only be used on the engine bay, but because these products can`t retail in Canada :cursing: , I would have to order from the states, being that shipping adds up quickly and customs / duties becomes a PITA, would the All Purpose Cleaner or All Purpose Cleaner Plus do a good enough job cleaning the engine?

Are the Hyper-wash and Shampoo Plus a good soap, or would I be better of buying something else.

Thanks for the time,

- Ian

imported_Blackfire
01-21-2010, 12:48 PM
I use Shampoo Plus and it does a great job: suds, lubricity, and cleaning. It also rinses clean. Of course the final rinse depends on the local water hardness.

I have used the Shampoo Plus to lubricate while using the clay bar too. Very good slickness.

I use APC+ 10:1 for interior and 4:1 for tires, wheels, wheel wells. It`s a powerful cleaner that suits my needs. I keep my cars clean on a weekly schedule or sooner if needed.

DLB
01-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Skip the APC and the Super Degreaser (for now) and just stick with the APC+. When you want to spring for more shipping, pick up the degreaser if you think you need it. The APC+ will do most jobs that those other two could do - just isn`t as strong as the SD, so don`t dilute it as much for engines (4:1 works for me).

I just picked up some of the shampoo plus to try before the cold set in, so I have been limited to ONR washes and haven`t got to try it yet.

DLB

imported_Jokeman
01-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Super Degreaser is the best pad cleaner out there!

Finishing Touch
01-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Ian, first I would check with your supplier many products that are liquid are not accepted at the boarder.

Old Pirate
01-21-2010, 07:01 PM
I might have a solution, you can contact George at theDetailingshop (514)803-3725 in Canada, he carry`s our Eimann Fabrik Engine Cleaner that work great! P.S he has a Deep Freeze Sale ( 20% off) going on right now I think. Call him and say that Angelo from PAC send you!:thumbup:

IanHam
01-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I might have a solution, you can contact George at theDetailingshop (514)803-3725 in Canada, he carry`s our Eimann Fabrik Engine Cleaner that work great! P.S he has a Deep Freeze Sale ( 20% off) going on right now I think. Call him and say that Angelo from PAC send you!:thumbup:

Looks like a great alternative, didn`t know there were any blackfire dealers up here, great prices considering you get free shipping on orders over $150.00, I guess I gotta wait till spring so I can get a Blackfire Wet-Ice over Fire Shine Kit and some engine cleaner.