PDA

View Full Version : Heating garage space

Pages : [1] 2

Blackmirror
09-27-2001, 01:13 PM
got some smudges on my tinted windows. Can I use Stoner invisible glass? Thats my main glass cleaner now.

DETAILKING
09-27-2001, 01:20 PM
Don`t use anything harsh or any cleaner that contains ammonia.......

Blackmirror
09-27-2001, 01:41 PM
I have Eagle one wipe n shine. Is that ok to use?

DETAILKING
09-27-2001, 01:49 PM
use a very soft cloth and don`t over saturate the windows with QD`er.

Blackmirror
09-27-2001, 03:49 PM
thanks DetailKing:)

Don2000g
09-27-2001, 05:40 PM
My favorite product to use on tinted glass is Plexus. Great, great product for that function. Laters.

Greek Guy
09-28-2001, 08:57 AM
I agree with Don, Plexus works well on tinted windows. I also use Stoner Invisible glass on my tinted windows.

Don2000g
09-28-2001, 04:00 PM
Grandprix, you are one smart man! You`re getting more knowledgeable each and every day.

Greek Guy
09-28-2001, 04:37 PM
Thanks Don.

RED JEWELL SS
01-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I am antsy wanting to dig in on detailing my new car and the weather aint going to help any time soon.I am considering sum portable heat source to bring the temp up enough so its doesnt take huge lengths of time to continue.
Electric would cost and arm and leg to use, I am thinking of a kerosene heater,but am a little concerned there about the environment and air quality with the car in there....any one heating space and what are you using ?
The other thought is if I do space heat , I can bring up the air temp, but the body will still be chilled , right now the garage is 39 degrees.

imported_Flash Gordon
01-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I am antsy wanting to dig in on detailing my new car and the weather aint going to help any time soon.I am considering sum portable heat source to bring the temp up enough so its doesnt take huge lengths of time to continue.
Electric would cost and arm and leg to use, I am thinking of a kerosene heater,but am a little concerned there about the environment and air quality with the car in there....any one heating space and what are you using ?
The other thought is if I do space heat , I can bring up the air temp, but the body will still be chilled , right now the garage is 39 degrees.

Propane is pretty efficent and works well heating your average size garage. I like the forced air units, but they can be a bit loud

Old Pirate
01-20-2010, 07:28 PM
I think this one will do the job for you.....:wizard:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/commercial_heaters_ctg_image2.gif

imported_Stokdgs
01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
The first thing I did when I moved into this house was to insulate the outer walls that were not done and sheet rocked it with 3/4" fireblock all around. I also did the areas over the garage door headers, basically everything that wasnt done, including the ceiling, I did. And before I did this, I ran new 12awg wiring and installed 20amp breakers and receptacles everywhere I needed them, and then closed it up. This alone brought the temps up quite a bit.
I then bought new insulated garage doors, and that also brought up the temps some more.
The 15 4` twin-tube shoplights hanging from the ceiling add to the heat in there as well.
Without any other source of heat, this 2-car garage stays at a nice 63 degrees in any weather including freezing and will warm up to the 67+ range once my gas fired furnace in the garage kicks on. I don`t have any venting from the furnace into the garage because I dont really need it. Its just conductive heat from the furnace panels that adds heat to the garage.
If I throw on a couple of 1500w halogen lights on the body work Im working on, it gets so warm you have to start taking off layers.
If your furnace is in the garage, you will be able to trap heat from it if the garage is well insulated and as air-tight as possible.
I dont really need anymore additional heat sources at this time, but I would be careful with any type of fueled heat if it were me. The gases from some of these or probably all of them that are the most dangerous will have no odor at all, so you might want to put one of those carbon monoxide meters in the garage too..

Good luck with this !
Dan F

imported_Luster
01-20-2010, 08:11 PM
I cut a hole in the wall between my garage and laundry room and ran a piece of dryer duct from the HVAC vent to the garage. Raised it by 15 degrees. There a thread around here somewhere about that. I`ll try to find it and post the link.:Dancing Dot:

DLB
01-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I bought a Propane Forced air heater and love it. Don`t have to run it all day to keep it warm in the garage, but it will bring the temp up 20?+ in about 10-15 minutes.

It all depends on cubic footage and square footage though as to how big of one you get, so I can`t tell you exactly what I`d recommend - although the propane one has been a great solution for me.

DLB