PDA

View Full Version : First time with Meguiar`s G110v2 DA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DETAILKING
09-27-2001, 12:53 AM
This is something that is commonly overlooked. I am just curious to how much time and effort people put into this task.

I never have used wax or sealant in these area`s but plan too in the future. I found that if I wipe these area`s down once week after my weekly wash with a damp towel, all dirt is removed and they come out nice and clean.

How often do you guys clean your door jams? Do you use detergents? Do you wax or use sealant on these areas?

Thanks for your comments.........

JasonC8301
09-27-2001, 01:02 AM
I give the door jambs a wipe down after each wash. If I have the time I would lay down a cleaner wax in the door jambs. Hey I got to use up my Gold Class and cleaner wax some how.

A extra 30 minutes makes the door jambs like new, and really compliments a nicely detailed car when they open the door to get in.

But hey, I gotta wipe down all the door jambs, trunk lid, tank cover, and hood after every wash to get all the reaming water off the car.

mx5
09-27-2001, 06:59 AM
I applied Klasse AIO on my door jams. I have had a couple of people ask if I have anything else to do besides clean my car as soon as they opened the door and noticed how shiny the inside of the door was.

SuperBee364
09-27-2001, 07:15 AM
I wash em right along with the rest of the car. Everytime. And also zaino them everytime I zaino. I have found that if door jambs aren`t maintained regularly it will eventually become impossible to clean. By the way, mine shine like crazy. LOL

KR CoolShine
09-27-2001, 07:39 AM
All in One in the Jag jambs.

They are the next project on the Subie -- ignored since I bought it a year ago. Detergent wash, Z1, Z5. Don`t know when I will get to that, though.

edgewise
09-27-2001, 07:52 AM
I wash them, then use "Speed Shine" from Griots, which is a touch up liquid that you use for a quick detail after washes and inbetween wax jobs (It contains some carnauba wax)

boywonder
09-27-2001, 08:04 AM
I usually dry mine with a chamois and clean the plastic with HI but I will be putting some Klasse on the jambs pretty soon.

YoSteve
09-27-2001, 08:17 AM
seal it up DK, do it once and forget about it (the best place on your car cause of the lack of exposure to the elements), wipe it down after a wash (with mt`s :D) I detailed a saturn whose doorjam`s were oxidized by water and the elements, it does need some protection but it doesn`t need to be reapplied more then bi-yearly or more (IMO)

Cybercowboy
09-27-2001, 08:27 AM
I give it a coat of Z2 every second or third time I apply Z2. Usually on a Saturday morning with the whole weekend stretched out before me! I also get the Z1 out and hit any spots that I may have neglected, then Z2. Jambs are looking great.

Picking up the new vette this morning. Getting ready to have it out with them over the 0.0% financing.

Glad to see everyone is back to normal today. Phew. :rolleyes:

Cybercowboy
09-27-2001, 08:31 AM
You know how sometimes the jambs or wheel wells have some grunge on them after a wash? Maybe in a hard to reach place. I take diluted Z7 (the clay lube I have mixed up), spray that on liberally, wipe it with a Charisma hand towel or MT. Works for me. Then I follow up with Z whatever. Works better than QD for me.

DETAILKING
09-27-2001, 08:57 AM
Can`t wait to see that vette! Good luck with delivery. Did you specify any instructions like DO NOT WASH, DO NOT TOUCH? I hope it is not swirled up by the dealer!

Anyhow, thanks for your comments. I think I will apply sealant to those areas next time I detail my car. Seems like the consensus does that. I would think twice a year would do it as they are not exposed as much to the elements..,.....

YoSteve
09-27-2001, 09:05 AM
CCB, the rule on the forum is you can`t put it in your signature until you actually have it in your possession, haha :D

as jokes aside, nice ride my friend, very nice.

KR CoolShine
09-27-2001, 10:33 AM
Naw, Steve.

We let DK get away with the daily countdown to delivery for what seemed like forever on his Box Mit Wheels.

:D

:D

DETAILKING
09-27-2001, 11:31 AM
It sucked.......

jayder456
09-27-2001, 12:47 PM
Regarding door jamb cleaning/polishing...

A car ain`t clean if the door jambs, hinges, rocker panels, interior hood and trunk edges and drains aren`t wiped down after each washing; while the hood is up I also do a quick wipe down of the engine compartment to minimize the accumulation of grime, etc. I usually use an older dish or hand towel and it adds about 15 minutes to the car wash thing. I only protect (wax/polish) these areas once or twice a year as they don`t have the near the UV and elements exposure as the rest of the car.

-D-