PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a leaf blower for drying with ONR?

Blackmirror
09-26-2001, 09:06 AM
Whats a good Pre wax cleaner for stage 1 black paint? The only part I need to use it on is the spoiler. I went to put wax on the spoiler and saw black on the applicator:eek: Looks like it`ll need deep cleaning. What do you recommend?

DETAILKING
09-26-2001, 09:10 AM
What you are seeing is the abrasive qualities of the product you used. When you use an abrasive product on single stage paint, you will see paint come off on your rag or applicator. Are you sure you need "deep cleaning"?? I would only recommend it if you really needed it. I would wash the car and clay it lightly, and then re-evaluate. If you do need some further cleaning, I would use something very mild.

Blackmirror
09-26-2001, 10:00 AM
i dont think i need a deep cleaning. I just think there is some dead paint on that spoiler that needs to be removed before polishing.

DETAILKING
09-26-2001, 10:44 AM
Use any mild abrasive. 3M perfect it 39009 for dark colored cars should do the trick.....

rmccall6
09-26-2001, 04:46 PM
Klasse AIO is used in some body shops to clean oxidized paint. But like dk said, any good cleaner polish will do. If you can see noticeably oxidation on your spoiler, chances are that ther`s some less noticeable ozidation all over your car. I dont know your exact situation though (aftermarket spoiler), but its still good to deep clean the paint once a year or so.

Don2000g
09-27-2001, 04:55 PM
My suggestion is the same as Dks.

svanderbilt
09-27-2001, 04:59 PM
a body shop supplier store here in san francisco told me they love to use All-In-One for removing oxidation from vehicles.

imported_Luster
01-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Has anyone used a leaf blower for drying with ONR?

I`m talking about cool or cold weather, when you`re washing the entire vehicle before drying; not washing one panel at a time.

I`m just wondering if it would leave streaks or uneven drying marks.

I think I`ll give it a try. The streets around here are so dirty, it gets filthy every time I drive so I`m doing ONR quite a bit!:out: (But I like it!)

(The humidity is so high that we have fog all day til about 5pm. By then the streets are beginning to dry. By 5am everything is covered with water again and the fog is so thick you can only see for about 10 feet! This has been going on for a week. Haven`t seen the sun either. :mad:)

Husker Z
01-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Has anyone used a leaf blower for drying with ONR?

I`m talking about cool or cold weather, when you`re washing the entire vehicle before drying; not washing one panel at a time.

I`m just wondering if it would leave streaks or uneven drying marks.

I think I`ll give it a try. The streets around here are so dirty, it gets filthy every time I drive so I`m doing ONR quite a bit!:out: (But I like it!)

(The humidity is so high that we have fog all day til about 5pm. By then the streets are beginning to dry. By 5am everything is covered with water again and the fog is so thick you can only see for about 10 feet! This has been going on for a week. Haven`t seen the sun either. :mad:)

How does the blower on your wall-vac work? I bought the same one you have, but I haven`t tried the blower yet. Man, I really like it though, I used it to vacuum the entire garage floor today and it`s just great.

imported_Luster
01-18-2010, 05:13 PM
How does the blower on your wall-vac work? I bought the same one you have, but I haven`t tried the blower yet. Man, I really like it though, I used it to vacuum the entire garage floor today and it`s just great.

The blower part is not very powerful. I suppose it could be used with a small nozzle and it would work better, but the leaf blower blows it away.

The suction on the wall vac is great. I use it almost every day, but for blowing - leaf blower.

Street Dreams
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I almost always use a blower these days, with ONR im not so concerned with drying the paint as that comes easy but I still want all the water out of the cracks and crevices, plus I want the wheels dry to from the wash stage.