PDA

View Full Version : Winter Blues-1990 Nissan 300ZX Suspension Detail

Preachers Sheets
09-26-2001, 07:55 AM
I initially ordered a 5-inch back up plate for my Porter Cable and two 5-inch terry cloth pads and needless to say, I needed the 6-inch versions. I thought it would be a hassle with the e-mails, phone calls, shipping methods, rma numbers etc but all I did was send an e-mail explaining everything. To my surprise a few hours later I checked my e-mail to find a polite response stating that it would not be a problem at all and they confirmed the product they would send as a replacement. The other e-mail was the tracking number, stating that my re-placement product was literally shipped within three hours of my first e-mail.

I am truly impressed with the customer service of Autopia. Knowing that I will be taken care of during and after my purchase has made shopping at Autopia well worth it.

Bobby G
09-26-2001, 09:15 AM
joed1228,

Maybe you mean CMA... our sponsor. We`re only related by friendship and web sites. Autopia stopped selling detailing supplies nearly two years ago after we ran out of room in the house...

In any case, it`s nice to know you`re getting great service.

DavidB

Preachers Sheets
09-26-2001, 10:13 AM
Yea, CMA, that`s what I meant.

mx5
09-26-2001, 12:44 PM
I ordered a few products from CMA and they shipped the same day. Too bad it took UPS five days to get them to my house. Usually it only takes 3-4.

imported_Pats300zx
01-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Well with winter here and nothing to do in the garage I decided it was time to do some suspension detailing on my 1990 Nissan 300ZX. I haven`t pulled the wheels in about 3 years and I really wanted to give my HRE 540 wheels a good polishing.

These are one of the worst wheels to maintain. I can`t even imagine having these on a daily driver. The mesh wheel design is so difficult to keep clean and polished. These wheels are beautiful for a show car but on a daily driver I think I would kill myself trying to keep them looking their best.

Here was my process:

Remove wheels
Clean suspension and brake components with HD Free
Wheels cleaned with HD Free
Wheels polished with Mothers Power Ball and Optimum Metal polish
Wheels polished by hand with English Customs Showman`s blend
Wheels barrels treated with Zaino CS
Calipers treated with Zaino CS
Suspension dressed with Griots Undercarriage Spray
Tires dressed with Eagle One
Wheels installed and torqued to factory specs.

It took me about 3 hours to do the fronts. Now time for the backs :)

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/uploads/1134/frontsuspensiondetail2010.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/uploads/1134/frontsuspensiondetail22010.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/uploads/1134/frontsuspensiondetail32010.jpg

bmw5541
01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Very impressive.:thumbup:

imported_Flash Gordon
01-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Way to stay ahead of the curve Pat. Come spring you`ll be stylin-n-profilin :Dancing Dot:

I have a client with those same wheels. Its not a dd either, but none the less I feel your pain. Those little bolts are a real booger bear :cursing:

Thanks for posting at Truth In Detailing :wizard:

Husker Z
01-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Awesome job, I`d love to see pics of the rest of the garage, it looks like it might be pretty impressive!

Those wheels look great, but wow, what a pain to clean, well done!!

imported_Luster
01-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Looks great! Those kind of little details make a vehicle POP! Nice work...........:Dancing Dot::biggrin:

Puckman
01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Absolutely gorgeous Pat, love the wheel style also! :thumbup:

Is that an aftermarket sway bar?

imported_Pats300zx
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Absolutely gorgeous Pat, love the wheel style also! :thumbup:

Is that an aftermarket sway bar?

Thanks for the compliments Puck. Yes its an aftermarket sway bar in the engine bay. I had it chromed.

Puckman
01-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Duh, I forgot I`m looking at your fronts. The rear sway bar is underneath. I noticed the nice red bushing on the bar and thought that was the rear.

Old Pirate
01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice rims indeed there Pats!

TimG
01-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Looks absolutely great. Man you clean it gewd.

Diggin the wheels also.

*MustangGT/25YRS*
02-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the compliments Puck. Yes its an aftermarket sway bar in the engine bay. I had it chromed.
*****************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*************** ****
Hello Sir/
It`s a beautiful Nissan you have there,but I noticed the rotor center hub.The light rust on it.Did you get the time to remove the rust and brush paint it,before reinstalling the rim?
Not at all belittling or finding fault,as it`s *Not Intended*/:).It would finish it off/:biggrin:. It`s just MOPHO.Take Care and AGAIN,great job on them and the Suspension.
Best Regards/:wizard:
Raymond