PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Oklahoma

corky
09-25-2001, 01:43 PM
I plan on applying p21s on top of my klausse this weekend and was wondering.....Do I remove it w/ QD? and How many coats should I apply? any tips to applying it would help thanks.

Also do I put down thick or thin layers of p21s?

Don2000g
09-25-2001, 05:08 PM
No, you don`t need to use a quick detailer to buff out the P21 carnauba wax. Use thin layers and apply it with foam. Laters.

pingiii
09-25-2001, 08:10 PM
Don`s right on, as usual. The P21S will go on and off like butter. And it won`t leave any white residue on your trim. Bee`s wax base I believe. Enjoy!

JS
09-25-2001, 09:46 PM
Just to add to what Bill and Don said...don`t let the P21s dry for very long. Apply it to half of a door, or a quarter of the hood or roof---and then immediately begin buffing it off...it comes off very easily that way.

tazmaniac
01-16-2010, 06:37 PM
The state where football is..., well this year it was depressing...

Just a pure amateur who will gladly try to learn from those more experienced.

Over 35 years ago, I worked in a full service gas station and did make ready clean-up on used cars for a nearby dealership. Since then, I have tried to keep my cars always looking good. I used to hand compound with the old red and white paste compounds and I had a low speed rotary buffer with a wool bonnet for polishing up after a good coat of wax.

Every 5-10 years I decide to learn a bit more and try to upgrade my tools and knowledge and now the internet is making that much easier and quicker.

I`ve been using clay followed by Klasse AIO and Glaze and then Hi Tech Yellow for a number of years now but with three new dark cars in the last year, most recent being black, I decided its time to get more into swirl removal and polishing.

Bought a g110v2 and a starter set of Lake Country pads and added some products to my shelf - nothing too dangerous I think - and am ready to start practicing on the oldest cars first. I plan to start with very light polishes and work up to more aggressive ones (not all in the same place, I think) to start to get a feel for how each works and what results are.

I`ve done pretty good at spot work on light scratches and even on applying touch-up paint with fine wet sanding by hand in the past so I`m looking forward to having the current array of vehicles looking really fine, pretty soon.

I know I`ll need to get a few more aggressive pads and maybe a smaller backing plate but I think I have enough to start getting used to the g110v2 for now.

Thanks in advance to all here.

Old Pirate
01-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome to TID tazmaniac, It`s always great to see more folks sign up and from the great state of Oklahoma! It`s great to see you getting the right products to polish and learning more with time. Great machine you got there and any help or questions you have we are here to help you out. You are always welcome to call me at PAC for anything....Welcome!.........:wizard:

hopsgt500
01-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome to TID, a great place to learn from. :clap:

imported_Luster
01-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Welcome to TID! From your write up it looks like you`ve got some good tools and products!:clap:

imported_Flash Gordon
01-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Welcome to Truth In Detailing. Hope to see you around :partaaay:

Puckman
01-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Welcome tazmaniac! With that base of learning and tremendous attitude you`ll be seeing phenomenal results quickly.

This is by far the best detailing exchange forum on the planet with lots of folks willing to help everyone out. If you have any questions feel more than welcome to ask.

Glad to have ya!

Jack Kruer
01-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Welcome tazmaniac to TID. There are people here that can and will answer ANY detailing question you have. Remember to get you discount coupon for our site, PAC. If we can be of any help, let us know.

jk