PDA

View Full Version : To Rinse or not to rinse

Pages : [1] 2 3

msmcdon
09-25-2001, 08:53 AM
I have searched the archives and have not come up with an answer to my question.... so here goes.

I will be purchasing the K "twins" very soon so I can protect my wife`s Camry and my Ranger before the winter hits. I have noticed that many (all?) of you Klasse users use Blitz after using the K.... is this for extra shine or another step?

Do I NEED to buy Blitz as well, or will another quality Carnuba-based wax work as well.... or do I even need the third step?

Let me know your thoughts for this gradual convert to Klasseism.

:rolleyes:

mx5
09-25-2001, 09:08 AM
Just put on multiple coats of Klasse SG and you will be very happy with the results. You can add Blitz or another good wax to deepen the shine but it is not necessary. Klasse SG will bring you all the shine and protection you need for months.

BradE
09-25-2001, 09:49 AM
Blitz will add depth to the finish. It makes it "softer", not super reflective, but very deep and glossy. You dont have to use Blitz, you can use any quality (NON-CLEANER) paste wax. I know some here use Paste Glaz over the Klasse with great results.

Don2000g
09-25-2001, 10:25 AM
Some of the favorite carnauba waxes here are Blitz, Pinnacle Paste Glaze, Pinnacle Souveran and the P21 carnauba wax. All are of very good quality. The Paste Glaze is designed to be used on light colored cars ($35). The Souveran is the best carnauba wax that I`ve ever used. It provides more shine and depth of any other carnauba so far ($69). P21 is somewhrere around $25 or so. You really can`t go wrong with any of them. Laters.

nerdhunters
09-25-2001, 09:20 PM
I`m with Don, Pinnacle is great !

DETAILKING
09-26-2001, 08:35 AM
a carnuba topper will only last 2-6 weeks or so, and will need to be reapplyed. Kind of a catch 22 if you are using KLASSE for durabilty and the fact that you can detail your car and not worry about it for the whole winter. It will also hinder yourself from applying and layering more coats of SG as the carnuba and oils will not permit the polymer bonding. The whole system will need to be stripped and you will have to start over. Use your judgement.....

Brad B
09-26-2001, 09:03 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>The whole system will need to be stripped and you will have to start over. Use your judgement..... [/b]</blockquote>
It`s not quite that dramatic. The worst case would be a quick shampoo with Dawn. Then reapply additional layers if that`s your goal. But that scenario is never really applicable.

Personally, I have had a Klassed car last nearly 6 months. For fun, I eventually tried carnuba toppers and simply refreshed them as needed, never touching the base protective Klasse application. If you are already adding carnubas to the Klasse then it is pointless to remove them and add more Klasse. No need.

Most people add carnubas for glitz, not protection. It is only an option.

DETAILKING
09-26-2001, 09:06 AM
Which carnubas have you tried over KLASSE and what were your results compared to just a bare KLASSE`ed car? Curious.......

Brad B
09-26-2001, 09:33 AM
Tried different ones.
Blitz: attracted dust like the dickens but was very durable.
Pinnacle Souveran: Went on easier than Blitz. Felt slicker.
Pinnacle Paste Glaz: great stuff, very fast, but not durable.
3M Carnuba: Nothing special
Meguiars 26: Not bad, harder to remove than Pinnacle
And others I can`t remember.

I tried the carnubas not so much trying to achieve a certain look or feel but rather just to keep me busy. I like to futz.

I mentioned to Sal the other day that I refuse to have any additional Zainoed cars in my stable because it just gets too <strong class=`bbc`>boring[/b]. Nothing to experiment with. Nothing to improve on. Nothing to futz with. :D

mx5
09-26-2001, 12:48 PM
It seems Zaino is the end all to waxing products. It cleans, it shines as good or better than any wax, and lasts for months. I guess soon people will not be saying "I am going to wax my car this weekend" but "I am going to Zaino my car this weekend."

Brad B.,

You keep experimenting and let us know about all the new exciting products out there for us.

hook
09-26-2001, 08:56 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by waxman [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I guess soon people will not be saying "I am going to wax my car this weekend" but "I am going to Zaino my car this weekend."
[/b]</blockquote>
waxman - you`ll have to change your name!

maybe if you`re really, really nice to David he can switch it without changing your numbe rof posts....

Z-man? zainoman?

:)

mx5
09-27-2001, 06:49 AM
Hook,

I am not a Zainoman yet. Just all this debate about Klasse verse Zaino is getting out of hand. I like Klasse personally. I just figured I will join the other side instead of fighting a losing battle with Klasse.

gungriffin
09-27-2001, 07:42 AM
To the original question, I am a new Klasse user and have been very pleased with just AIO and two layers of SG. I have been through bunch of washings; the shine comes back each time with beading; the cars look better than they ever have; they don`t get as dirty; I continually get great comments particularly on my black Supra.

I personally have no intention of ever applying a wax on top; in my opinion, I have reached the point of diminishing returns against my time and money. In my opinion: when it really looks good, stop.

Just my opinion,

Mike

boywonder
09-27-2001, 07:50 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by MikeK [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>To the original question, I am a new Klasse user and have been very pleased with just AIO and two layers of SG. I have been through bunch of washings; the shine comes back each time with beading; the cars look better than they ever have; they don`t get as dirty; I continually get great comments particularly on my black Supra.

I personally have no intention of ever applying a wax on top; in my opinion, I have reached the point of diminishing returns against my time and money. In my opinion: when it really looks good, stop.

Just my opinion,
Mike [/b]</blockquote>
Right now, after 2 rainstorms, the Maxima is STILL shining after I Klassed it. I might wash & SG the Maxima Saturday morning since I am participating in a road rally in the afternoon.

Don2000g
09-27-2001, 05:29 PM
I`ve used both Klasse and Zaino. Both are very good products. Waxman, you probably don`t know this, but most people who have visited this forum have used Klasse. The numbers aren`t even close. Again, I`m no Klasse zombie or anything but it does get a bit tiring hearing people speak like Zaino is the end all of all waxes or sealants. There were quite a few things that I didn`t or don`t like about Zaino. It`s a fine, fine product. But an end all product, please!