PDA

View Full Version : hello from LV

Pages : [1] 2

ihetenyi
09-25-2001, 06:55 AM
How do you guys verify that both sides of your glass is clean and streak free (especially the rear glass)? I`ve had numerous occassions where I`ve detailed my car during the day only to go out at night and see streaks and dirty corners that I couldn`t see in the day time. Any suggestions or tips out there?

Steve

Preachers Sheets
09-25-2001, 07:06 AM
Some people clean the inside in the up/down direction and the outside in left/right direction to detect the marks on the correct side.

bmerjorge21
09-25-2001, 09:58 AM
I always detail glass in full sunlight!!

Preachers Sheets
09-25-2001, 03:06 PM
Yea, you kind of have to do the windows in a bright source of light or you can`t see the left/right and up/down streaks.

Brad B
09-25-2001, 03:34 PM
I used to clean the inside of the Porsche windshield weekly to remove a greasy film from the dash vapors. I use EagleOne 20/20 and/or Stoners Invisible Glass.

Two and a half weeks ago I polished the inside of the glass with Zaino glass polish and so far, the glass is still clean.

Conclusion: I wasn`t getting rid of all the old film with conventional cleaners. The Zaino Polish did a better job at removing the old film and/or does not allow the vapors to re-cling to the glass as easily.

Either way, I am happy!;)

imported_Intermezzo
09-25-2001, 04:01 PM
The Zaino window polish was able to remove water marks on the front window of my car that couldn`t be removed with anything I tried, including lime-away with an abrasive dish scrubber.

I Guess the polish (or any other similar type of window polish)should used every now and then even if I don`t have watermarks or other visible dirt because there is probably a bunch of stuff there that I can`t see.

durabio
01-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Hi I`ve been lurking around for a while now, but decided to create an account :). I`m still new to detailing, but I spend an endless amount of time on learning techniques from you guys :).

imported_Flash Gordon
01-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Welcome to Truth In Detailing Durabio.Glad you decided to become an active member. Hope to see you around :Frosty:

Max405
01-16-2010, 09:12 AM
durabio,
Welcome aboard. This one of the nicest places on the net to visit. Everyone is respectful and the knowledge base here is, Sick.

I am new too. And I am honered to be here..

Joe D.

imported_Luster
01-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Welcome to TID!!!!:hurray:

Puckman
01-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Welcome durabio and Max. Enjoy!

bmw5541
01-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome aboard durabio. You made a great choice comming here. Welcome to the family.

Jack Kruer
01-16-2010, 02:08 PM
WELCOME durabio to TID. Enjoy your stay here and take what you like...leave what you can. This is a great group of people willing to help you take care of your ride. It can be as simple as how to wash it correctly, (not as simple as some may think) to how to do the most complex correction. There are many different approaches and I am sure you will find one or two you like. Remember to leave behind any of your own suggestions you think might help out someone newer than you.

jk

imported_Roadrunner
01-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Greetings from a former Nevadan! I`m taking "LV" for Las Vegas... I could be wrong, :redface: ... wouldn`t be the first time!:D

This is great place, great people and it really has an "all for one" spirit here... can`t beat TID.:2 cents:

Old Pirate
01-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Welcome to TID durabio, Look around, ask, and enjoy you time here....:wizard: