PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the mobile detailer!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

YoSteve
09-24-2001, 11:15 PM
If you check out this month`s Men`s Health Magizine (one day I`ll get to the gym :)) there`s a tip that was give by none other than our own DavidB saying to protect your leather interior and to blot (not wipe) vomit off your car seat.

Footy
09-25-2001, 12:29 AM
Re the vomit, I find removal is made easier if the initial stream of vomit is directed towards the seat at a shallow angle (<45 degrees) :D

JasonC8301
09-25-2001, 12:53 AM
I find the best solution is prevention. Anyone known to get car sick will not ride in the car. I will buy a two seater and drive by myself. In any case, a bag helps, or shoving the persons head out of the car and get the car washed a quickly as possible. 3M seat protection helps. A portable steam, deep cleaner will do, and other stuf...

Don2000g
09-25-2001, 03:02 AM
Hehe! Footy is probably on to something. Personally, I would just rather grab my shirt collar and pull it out a bit. Just vomit in there if you have to. It might take some getting used to though. Hehe!

Footy
09-25-2001, 05:29 AM
Jason, I actually had to carry bags in my car for a while - prevention is not a viable option when you are married to the person prone to car sickness :D Wish I`d known Don`s solution at the time though :)

Thankfully, it seems to have passed now (the car sickness, I mean)

YoSteve
09-25-2001, 08:20 AM
My car is equiped with barf-bags. Really it is! 1 in the glove box, 1 in each pocket behind each seat. next time you fly, get some :)

to those who are talented enough to make it out the window, (or the trash can, or the toilet) always remember to thank them for their efforts (despite a drunken state) As a frequent vomit cleaner upper in college, I was always a fan of people who had control of thier own projectiles. Throwing up on yourself is nice too but I won`t help in the clean up in that department.

Cybercowboy
09-25-2001, 10:28 AM
On a business trip once, I rented a car in sunny SoCal. One of the guys with me had a little too much to drink one night, and before we got back to the hotel he barfed all over the side of the car and got a little inside, too. Oh yeah, I was his boss.

The next morning it was too disgusting to drive. The guy was so hung over he wouldn`t come down from his room. I sweet-talked the front desk person after showning her the car, and got his room key. I went into his room, got him dressed and made him brush his teeth. I then took him to a car wash and made him clean the car up. He was really hurting, let me tell you. Then I took him back to the hotel and said I would be back at noon for him and he had better be ready.

Oh, and the college I went to (University of Missouri, Rolla) was famous for their extreme St. Pat`s celebration (lasted about 8 weeks or so - seriously.) I was in the quarter-barrel chug and hop, skip, and puke events several times at the Extravaganza party (one of the larger events) and came very close to getting tossed into Alice when I narrowly missed being voted a Knight. If anyone is curious what Alice is, it is the most disgusting vat of glop ever assembled by man. I would as soon eat rancid chicken guts than get tossed into that thing.

YoSteve
09-25-2001, 10:34 AM
cybercowboy, so not helping in the scary department :D

(I like the made him brush his teeth part, great tip)

Bobby G
09-25-2001, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I keep barf bags in the car for my olderst son (8). He gets car sick and doesn`t give much notice. They work great.

BTW: I`m infamous... that`s where you`re more than famous... but only in certain circles.

YoSteve
09-25-2001, 12:58 PM
getting back to my point (what I was getting at),

I wanted to ask you David, if you recalling having being interviewed or contacted my the magazine. I think it`s cool that they would refer to your comments (only because how specialized this site can tend to be)

bmerjorge21
09-25-2001, 09:06 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DavidB [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Yeah, I keep barf bags in the car for my olderst son (8). [/b]</blockquote>I didn`t know you had kids?? No kidding!!!

Bobby G
09-26-2001, 09:25 AM
YoSteve,

Yes, the magazine contacted me about doing a spot a few months ago. I asked if they wanted to do a regular series on car care, but they we not really interested. Back in the 80`s I had two fulltime columns I wrote in computer trade magazines, which was a lot of fun. You want to see how infamous I`m not, do a Yahoo or AltaVista search on "bynon vms". You`d think after 10-15 years, the stuff would go away, but no.

Dave C.,

Yep... I have kids: 17, 8, 7... not a one of them likes cars. Go figure!

:confused:

bmerjorge21
09-26-2001, 10:12 AM
How could the 17 year old not like cars! Impossible!!! Especially since you have such nice ones!! You can adopt me if you want!! LOL!!:D :D

bmerjorge21
09-26-2001, 10:20 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DavidB [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`> I asked if they wanted me to do a regular series on car care, but they were not really interested. [/b]</blockquote>That`s their loss!! If they had taken you up on your offer, then they would have one more reader right here. My Dad likes that mag, but I couldn`t find it less interesting. Any mag w/out a car on the cover I won`t open!!;) Well, there might be an exception or two...:p Oh yeah, I fixed your quote a little. I`m sure that this is what you meant for it to say.

YoSteve
09-26-2001, 02:27 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Dave C. [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>How could the 17 year old not like cars! Impossible!!! Especially since you have such nice ones!! [/b]</blockquote>
It depends on what the 17 year old is driving :D if I my dad hogged all the nice cars, I wouldn`t like them either, haha. :)