PDA

View Full Version : Megs Endurance High Gloss

Pages : [1] 2

waynethacker@earthlink.net
09-24-2001, 02:07 PM
the shelf is now removed from my garage. I can now back in if I choose to. (not too often, as my driveway is about 60` long by 8 ft wide) I measured my garage, and of course, it has to be different than most others. Inside dimensions are 17` 2" (length) by 19` 4" wide?!?!?.. That is a truly bizarre measurement (in my opinion) That explains why I have to pull my car to within 6 in of the front wall in order to clear the door. As you can see, the garage is plenty wide enough for shelfs/counters along both sides and for 2 cars inside.

I have decided to abandon the idea of insulating the garage, and instead of sheetrock/gypsum board, I`ll more than likely use white pegboard. My uprights are 2ft (on center) so 2`x4` pegboard will be simple to put in place.

I had once seen this little "traffic light" sensor that is used to measure distance from the front wall of your garage. Does anyone have any ideas where to get one.

Ken B
09-24-2001, 02:37 PM
You can get them at http://smarthome.com/ (`http://smarthome.com/`)
Do not have one, so I could not tell you if they are reliable

BradE
09-24-2001, 02:45 PM
Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories also sells them, and other car stuff. www.bhma.com

YoSteve
09-24-2001, 11:25 PM
they have them at k-mart or walmart (remember seeing it once), might not be as good a quality however.

DaGonz
09-25-2001, 09:14 AM
I took the "low tech" approach to determine how far I can pull in to park my F-150 on my side of the garage. I took a tennis ball, drilled a hole through it and tied it to one of the ceiling joists. When the tennis ball touches the windshield, I am in far enough and I still have room to walk around the front of the truck.

:)

TazmanSS
10-28-2001, 01:06 AM
The product you`re looking for is called "Park Zone" I have two and they work great. I also have 1 spare, new and still in the box. I paid $25.00 and it`s yours for the same if you`re still looking.

Also, e-bay is a good place to find them.

Don`t pay more than $25.00, I`ve seen them for as much as $99.00 and it`s the exact same model, no difference at all except an extreme markup.

bmw5541
01-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I had a crazy idea, and I wanted to kick it around here before I did anything stupid. I have been using Megs Endurance on my tires for a while now and was considering switching to another product.

My issues have always been sling off, which is probably due to using too much product and the other issue has been getting the gell into all the nooks and cranies of the tire.

I have been reading about people diluting Optimum Tire Bond and spraying it onto the tires, and was considering doing the same with the Megs.

Any thoughts on this before I try it?

Old Pirate
01-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Just remember it`s a water resistant gel. Alot of gels don`t dilute very well. Give it a shot and let us know if you do.

imported_wfedwar
01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
I`ve had fine luck just buffing it off with a cheap microfiber towel. I do like Armor All Extreme Tire Gel, though. It applies easier and lasts a long time.

imported_Luster
01-15-2010, 08:40 PM
I`ve been using Meg`s Endurance High Gloss for years. I`ve never had a slinging problem... BUT... I always let it soak in for about 15 minutes, then wipe off the excess with a demoted microfiber. It does take away some of the shine, but I don`t like them real shiny anyway.

What I like about Megs Endurance is the longevity. It literally lasts for weeks. I just ordered several bottles from PAC!:thumbup:

I use other tire dressings also, including some water-based dressings, but I always keep going back to the Megs for long-lasting "endurance".;)

imported_Blackfire
01-16-2010, 03:15 PM
I`m a clean, black tire, fanatic.

I`m trusting you on the Endurance and took advantage of the special offer plus free shipping.

imported_Roadrunner
01-16-2010, 05:11 PM
I like tires to be clean and look like new, not glossy or shiney. I just go over the tire with a rag and "wipe off for effect" after letting the dressing sit for awhile.
Usually don`t have problems with sling this way.

If they have to be glossy or shiney, per customer`s instructions. After cleaning I dress the tire, wait `til the dressing`s dry and then re-apply another coat and let that dry.

Old Pirate
01-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Not to take away from the OP, but Amazing Roll-Off is a great concentrated, water-activated cleaner. Simply wet the area that you what to cleaned ( tires ) with water, spray on Amazing Roll-Off and a little srcbbing and rinse the dirt and grime away. Roll-Off will amaze you with its cleaning power. Dirt that other cleaners can`t touch simply rolls off with little or no scrubbing. Amazing Roll-Off is bio-degradable, non-corrosive, rust inhibiting and ecologically safe. I love using it in my tires if I`m not going to put any tire dressing, because Amazing Roll-Off leaves a gleaming and rust inhibiting wax-like finish that resists dirt and looks great. Surfaces remain clean longer. Future cleaning is easier, takes less time and can be done less often. Our own GMBlack loves this product also, after I had told him about. It aslo cleans your gutter`s too. Give this shot you won`t be disappointed at all..............:wizard:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/classic-motoring_2084_44335193.gif (http://properautocare.com/ro-32.html)

imported_Blackfire
01-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I have ARO, and it does everything it claims to do. A bit pricey, but a product that works well.

Since my car is well maintained, I cut it 50% with water and it cleans well.

imported_Luster
01-16-2010, 08:55 PM
I`m a clean, black tire, fanatic.

I`m trusting you on the Endurance and took advantage of the special offer plus free shipping.

I`m the same way. If the tires don`t look good, the rest of the car doesn`t count!

And yes, I got free shipping on my bottles of Megs Endurance! (It`s good to stock up during free shipping days!)