PDA

View Full Version : How Many Pads to get?

Pages : [1] 2

Cybercowboy
09-22-2001, 02:05 PM
Ok, you all have done at least some detailing. Have you ever wondered what, exactly, are the correct terms for stuff you have to deal with? Well, this thread will attempt to answer that. Here are my first few contributions:

That area of the tire that is in contact with the driveway when you are wiping on tire dressing. You know, you see it later when you are showing your car off and you go - doh!

Sidewall orphan.

That bit of wax or sealant that appears out of nowhere days after you have detailed your car. It is nestled next to a piece of trim usually.

Trim frost.

The look on the face of your neighbors when they see you out every weekend working on your car.

Sanity wonderment.

I`m sure ya`ll can come up with much better than this! By the way, according to my wife 303 smells like dirty socks.

Cybercowboy
09-22-2001, 02:18 PM
Something like a goober but found on metallic surfaces located at just the right level so everyone can see.

Spode.

Jngrbrdman
09-23-2001, 12:37 PM
That tiny rock that finds a way under your sponge when you are waxing and scratches the hell out of your car.

<em class=`bbc`>Motivation for suicide[/i]

JonB
09-23-2001, 02:05 PM
The blue/green lightning image that remains in your eyes for 5 minutes afer staring at your just Zaino`d or Klassed car in sunlight:

Buffing blindness :cool:

H

ww50th
09-23-2001, 10:04 PM
Visual Horsepower: What you gain after detailing your vehicle

:bounce

JasonC8301
09-23-2001, 10:32 PM
Aerobic Detailing: Weaving aerobic exercise into the detailing of a car.

I have to try this. Clean car interior/trunk/engine, run a mile, wash car, clay if necessary, then hit it with PC and 3M if needed, Klasse AIO, apply Klasse SG, then dress interior, buff out Klasse SG, apply another coat of Klasse SG, seal wheels, dress tires, and dress wheel wells, run a mile, buff out second coat SG, apply third coat of SG, run a mile, do a few push-ups, stretch, then buff out third coat of SG, apply one coat of Blitz, run a mile, cool down, stretch, buff out Blitz, clean windows inside and out, do a final buff down of car and tires.

So you`ll have one nicely detailed car, and ran 4 miles with some push-ups in the process.

Shower and feel the pain start to hit your body, go to bed all sore and tired. Wake up all refreshed and ready for school!!!

:bounce

Koyaanisqatsi
09-23-2001, 10:59 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Cybercowboy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Something like a goober but found on metallic surfaces located at just the right level so everyone can see.

Spode. [/b]</blockquote>
HEY! Not this again. :D

ISLANDSBEST
09-24-2001, 12:12 AM
Devotes of Sal`s products:

Zainites

Note: Some of my fellow posters, though acting from a good heart, have incorrectly refered to Z fanatics as Zainians. Not to be overly academic, but strickly speaking, a Zainian would be a person from a place called Zain, rather than a devotee of Zaino. It is obviously of great importance to recognize and maintain these distinctions, so I hope that in the future we will all use the correct terminology. ;)

JonB
09-27-2001, 07:58 PM
<span style=`color: red`>PC Panic : What sets in after just receiving your new PC and not having a car to use it on! I guess I will just have to polish the shower doors, then my toenails, then....

H :bounce

YoSteve
09-27-2001, 08:28 PM
I`ve got one, it`s called thread burn :)

ccb, very interesting post indeed

Vipertwin175
01-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey Guys,

Its me vipertwin175. I have a question, i am doing an order on PAC but i am having a hardtime with it. I am getting the PC7424XP, and i know what pads i want but have no idea of how many i should have in my inventory. If your a first timer in machine polishing how many pads would you consider buying?

The only reason i ask this question is because i was asked before on this forum, but i cannot find the thread to it.

Thanks, :confused:

Old Pirate
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome back, I would start out with 2 of each of the ones I would need like 2-orange, 2-white, 2 black or 2 red. What condition is the car finish is?..:wizard:

imported_Luster
01-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I find that I use the orange cutting pads much more than any of the others. As Angelo stated, it really depends on how much correction your paint needs. Heavy swirls and scratches, you might want to consider as many as 6 orange pads. With just very light swirls, 2 should be plenty.

imported_Stokdgs
01-10-2010, 12:04 AM
What about the pad size/s? Are you just going to get one size of the pads?
If you get more than one size, then you will need another backing plate too.
Please be sure to consider the excellent pad cleaner they sell here - Snappy Clean, It works great for me - really cleans the pads quickly and rinses out easily.
You will find out as you keep using these pads that they eventually wear out or wear down, get really wacked on some things, and you need to replace them eventually; so keep that in mind when you order.

You will also find that these guys have Lake Country`s best pad designs and it shows when you use one of theirs and one of the other designs from other suppliers.

Good luck with your project, you are going to love the machine and the things you buy from here!!

Dan F

imported_wfedwar
01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I find that I use the orange cutting pads much more than any of the others. As Angelo stated, it really depends on how much correction your paint needs. Heavy swirls and scratches, you might want to consider as many as 6 orange pads. With just very light swirls, 2 should be plenty.

Me too. Orange pads are great, but small pores + lots of abrasives + lots of clear being removed means the pads have to be swapped out or cleaned a lot. I can go through 5-10 on a car. I can tolerate owning three, because after 3-5 pads I`m ready to take a break from the machine anyway.