PDA

View Full Version : pads

asiandude
09-21-2001, 12:50 PM
The washing, claying, polishing, waxing, klassing....process has been a multi-day process for me. 2 Days ago I had just put on the 1st coat of KSG. (There is also 2xAIO). Last night it rained like a mother! and today...even though the car still looks good...there is obviously some mild water runs, dust, etc. (nothing major...but still some dirt). I`d like to put another coat of KSG on (I`m hoping to do 3 to 5 in total) but I don`t know if I need to re-wash the car (and will the wash Blue Coral - which says "won`t strip wax") remove the KSG, AIO, or anything else?

Can I just take a Miracle Towel to it without water? I don`t think so, but I really don`t know what would be best (As you might be able to tell...I`m still really new at this!)

Also....is it me...or is the KSG a real son of a gun to get off once it`s dry (which is what the directions say to do). Any help would be GREAT!

Thank you to everyone! I have learned SOO much here!

Moose

"Still Learning"

Ken B
09-21-2001, 12:56 PM
Wash it first.

you do not want the dirt from the rain to make new swirls...

I have not used blue coral, but doubt it will strip Klasse.

If Klasse is hard to remove, you are using too much... less is best, if you think you are applying too little , you`ve got it right!

Happy shines to you!:bounce

mx5
09-21-2001, 01:37 PM
Some find less is better. But I found that using less, my car did not bead as well. I use enough just to form a haze after the KSG dries. Yes it is very hard to remove. Use a damp towel or squirt a little quick detailer on the towel or the car to help you remove it.

BradE
09-21-2001, 02:04 PM
Wash the car first. The dirt and dust on the car can cause swirls if you dont use a carwash. The carwash lifts the dirt away from the paint and acts as a lubricant, and will keep it from scratching and making swirl marks.

I apply a thicker layer of SG than most. Like waxman, my car beads better with a thicker layer. The damp Miracle Towel is great for removing SG. I think it works better than the QD does.

YoSteve
09-22-2001, 03:57 AM
if you leave the KSG on longer, it will be easier to remove. I spritz my towel with water slightly to aid in the KSG`s removal.

*MustangGT/25YRS*
01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
hi angelo
did you get the box yet?
mustang

Old Pirate
01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes, it has arrived here at PAC. It will be process Raymond. Thank you!

*MustangGT/25YRS*
01-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi Angelo/
I was beginning to worry `bout them/:( Glad PAC got them.
I appreciate the fast S&H to me and the exchange,Angelo.Take Care
Best Regards/
Raymond