PDA

View Full Version : Wheel wells and ONR

Pages : [1] 2 3

russbeekman
09-20-2001, 11:42 PM
I have a Rav4 with those plastic bumpers, they seem to be fadedor have some sort of greyish build up on them how can I clean it?

YoSteve
09-20-2001, 11:59 PM
Welcome Dean, if you have some Klasse AIO, try it. I used it on my sister`s Rav although she doesn`t have the fading you speak of yet. Has the discoloration affected the surface, does it feel different. There are some specialty plastic cleaners (I believe Plexus is one of them)

russbeekman
09-21-2001, 06:58 AM
Is does not feel different, just has this dull gray look about it. At one time I had some hits of car wax that streaked it. That I cleaned with liquid dishwashing soap.

JasonC8301
09-22-2001, 01:40 AM
Try an all purpose cleaner and a soft toothbrush. Spray some diluted all prupose cleaner and scub away with the toothbrush, always follow up with a quality water based dressing. I heard Z-16 lasts a long time.

bmw5541
01-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Now that many of us have had at least one or two snow storms, and the salt has been applied to the roads, I am wondering the best way to clean my wheel wells when I do an ONR wash. I can`t use the hose, because of the very low temperatures. The last time I did an ONR, I first sprayed APC into the wells and let it dwell for a while while I washed the rest of the car. I then took my long handle brush and soaked it in the ONR solution and scrubbed the well. At the time it looked clean. Unfortunately, when it dried, the wells were still white from the salt. Did I let the APC dwell for too long? Should I have scrubbed it as soon as I sprayed it on? The rest of the car looked great, but the dirty wheel wells just take away from the look of the car:banghead:

Tuck91
01-02-2010, 08:56 PM
The whitish look may come from letting the APC dry, but I dont know that for sure.

Maybe try spraying a dressing in the wheelwells.

bmw5541
01-02-2010, 09:04 PM
The whitish look may come from letting the APC dry, but I dont know that for sure.

Maybe try spraying a dressing in the wheelwells.

Thanks Nick.
Unfortunately, the only dressing that I have is Megs High Endurance Gel. Can this be diluted and put into a spray bottle, or should I just go get some spray on dressing?

imported_Luster
01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
I do my wheel wells the same way. APC, then ONR with a wheel brush, but as a final step, I saturate the wheel wells with Armor All Tire Foam. It will "rinse" off the leftover residue leaving the wheel wells looking like new. No need to wipe dry, just spray and walk away. :clap: (It will drip on your driveway a little).:o

bmw5541
01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I do my wheel wells the same way. APC, then ONR with a wheel brush, but as a final step, I saturate the wheel wells with Armor All Tire Foam. It will "rinse" off the leftover residue leaving the wheel wells looking like new. No need to wipe dry, just spray and walk away. :clap: (It will drip on your driveway a little).:o

Now we`re talking Bill!:clap:

I don`t mind it driping on the driveway. Should I use the Armor All, or try the Megs tire foam?

imported_Luster
01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Now we`re talking Bill!:clap:

I don`t mind it driping on the driveway. Should I use the Armor All, or try the Megs tire foam?

I`ve used both. They both work equally well. For wheel wells I usually buy whatever is the cheapest a Wally World...:biggrin:

bmw5541
01-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I`ve used both. They both work equally well. For wheel wells I usually buy whatever is the cheapest a Wally World...:biggrin:

Thanks for the advice Bill. You and everyone here at TID have been such a great resource to me while I am trying to learn all the tips and tricks of the masters!:clap:

Tuck91
01-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Be sure to let us know how it turns out. :smile:

imported_Luster
01-03-2010, 12:23 AM
The Tire Foam will also help to repel water, salt, sand, etc. for a short amount of time. Heavy rains of course, will wash it off.

It`s not what I use on customer cars, but it`s certainly good for daily drivers! Makes `em look fresh....:Car smiley:

imported_Bunky
01-03-2010, 07:29 AM
I ended up using tire dressings in wheel wells since aerosol tire foams are not very cost effective but I know you can get more out of AA than Meg`s aerosol cans.

TOGWT
01-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Road salt + water is alkaline, to neutralize it you require an acid (i.e. use an acidic cleaner (check products pH) I`m not suggesting an acid as such)