PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to request...

Langley Interior Car Kare
09-20-2001, 11:04 PM
I saw alot of stuff about aluminum wheels in the archives...but what about chrome....their brand new...look great... but as I`ve learned reading all the posts....prevention is the key thing........I got some Never Dull in case of anything.....but is this to be used as a preventative product also.......the only other thing i`ve used on them is Meguiars Gold Class Wheel cleaner....but it`s really acidic....any suggestions......

staro0989
01-02-2010, 12:45 PM
that my car not be washed at a body shop? The reason I ask is because my car is more than likely heading to a body shop to have the area around the tail light and behind it repainted as it came with the tail light touching the paint from factory causing it to chip. The dealer is taking care of it for me (makes me sort of nervous as I am always watching when my car is being worked on) since the car is only about 10 months old. I would wash my car prior to bringing it to the shop or where ever it has to go. I don`t mind them washing the areas that aren`t visible, i.e. behind the tail light, but don`t want them to swirl my car with there improper washing technique.

Thanks

imported_MikeyC
01-02-2010, 02:27 PM
My guess is that they`re going to want to wash it. I`m also guessing that they`ll be leaving overspray and pigtails and all manner of problems all over your car anyway. So, having them wash the car will be the least of your problems.

imported_Luster
01-02-2010, 03:11 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree: You`re going to have to polish it anyway. Body shops are full of hacks and under-paid porters.

staro0989
01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
My guess is that they`re going to want to wash it. I`m also guessing that they`ll be leaving overspray and pigtails and all manner of problems all over your car anyway. So, having them wash the car will be the least of your problems.

:scared: I figured there would be other problems also, I guess I can only hope and pray things go well. :(

staro0989
01-02-2010, 03:18 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree: You`re going to have to polish it anyway. Body shops are full of hacks and under-paid porters.

I was looking for a tail light adjustment and touch up paint so I don`t have to wait long and worry about polishing again. I just polished my car 3 weeks ago. :eek:

Old Pirate
01-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Some shop`s don`t even wash a car after it`s been for a few days.

gmblack3
01-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Unless it bothers you a lot. I would pass on the offer.

staro0989
01-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Some shop`s don`t even wash a car after it`s been for a few days.

Well thats not good lol

Unless it bothers you a lot. I would pass on the offer.

You know, you have brought me to another idea. I`ll take care of it myself, this way I know my paint won`t get ruined and I won`t be without my car for a day or two. It is just the very edge of the paint around the tail light, so I`ll probably do the work myself so I feel satisfied and not nervous what the body shop will do.