PDA

View Full Version : New Snow Blower... Toro Power Curve 180

corky
09-20-2001, 10:11 AM
My car got hit on the back corner of the bumper I am taking it in saturday to get it painted I know with wax you have to wait but can I apply klausse Right away or wait?

janderson
09-20-2001, 10:36 AM
I just recently went through this very situation. My car got banged up, and had some body work done, and a nice new coat of paint. Most paints today are pretty advanced and have polymers and so on, that allow for pretty quick drying. I would first talk with the auto shop to see what they say.

The auto body shop told me that I had to wait about 6 to 9 weeks. I waited 6 (and could hardly contain myself from washing and Klassing) weeks. It is better to follow their recommendations than it is to just wash, Klasse, and Blitz your car. So get the background scoop first, and then go from there.

A good rule of thumb is to wait the amount of time recommended by the auto shop, and then do as you normally would. Best of luck.

:up

Brad B
09-20-2001, 10:48 AM
I agree. I normally wait as directed and in the meantime keep things covered with quick detailers. They don`t "seal" in the paint like waxes and allow the paint to breathe.

imported_Luster
01-01-2010, 10:27 AM
I`ve been shopping for a snow blower for a few months now. I`ve had the Toro Powercurve 1800 (Electric) for about 4 years and it has performed perfectly for light to meduim duty. I live in the Kansas City area and our normal snowfall for the entire year is around 18"-22", so a really BIG snowfall here is 6". The only thing I didn`t like about the 1800 was jacking with that dang extention cord!

I did quite a bit of research and finally decided on the Toro Powercurve 180 (4-cycyle gas, with electric start) for $399 at Home Depot.

http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15209.659-824_tsn_38272_l_pwrlt_2k_4.jpg

I must admit, it`s a work horse! The snowplow left a 4 foot pile of snow in front of my driveway yesterday so this was the first test for the 180. Wow! It cut through that stuff like butter and shot it out almost 30 feet!!!

A friend of mine has had his single stage Toro for 26 years and has used it HEAVILY, doing multiple driveways every snow... NEVER had a repair in 26 years! That`s one of the reasons I bought the Toro.

For the homeowner who wants an excellent quality snowblower with electric start, 4-cycle, that will do the job up to 12" of snow, I would highly recommend the Toro Powercurve 180!:notworthy:

For you guys up north that get 60+ inches of snow per year, don`t even think about it....:devil:

imported_broker99
01-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I can never find the snow blowers at my local Homedepot.

grungy
01-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Broker99 - yes you can, they are labeled leaf blowers and are perfect for the amount of snow you get down there :Dancing Dot:

imported_broker99
01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Broker99 - yes you can, they are labeled leaf blowers and are perfect for the amount of snow you get down there :Dancing Dot:

Yeah, I could probaly even get away with an eye dropper for that matter;)

imported_Luster
01-01-2010, 12:12 PM
I can never find the snow blowers at my local Homedepot.

Yeah, I could probaly even get away with an eye dropper for that matter;)

Southern boys. :Boxing::banghead:

grungy
01-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Bill - I used to have an 8HP thrower for the lovely NE winters - used to have to clear part of the street so the mail could be delivered after the snow plow left 6` of icy stuff or covered the mail box. That was several years ago and I`m glad to not have to deal with it anymore :clap:

imported_Luster
01-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Bill - I used to have an 8HP thrower for the lovely NE winters - used to have to clear part of the street so the mail could be delivered after the snow plow left 6` of icy stuff or covered the mail box. That was several years ago and I`m glad to not have to deal with it anymore :clap:

I shall quote myself!!!

Southern boys. :Boxing::banghead:

Ya get used to it!:cornut: Glad we only get 20" per year!

Old Pirate
01-01-2010, 01:04 PM
They do have them down here label as sand dune movers for the folks living on the beach...............:D

imported_Luster
01-01-2010, 01:06 PM
They do have them down here label as sand dune movers for the folks living on the beach...............:D

That would work!!! (be sure to wear your safety goggles!):cornut:

Old Pirate
01-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Safety goggles are a option.........

*MustangGT/25YRS*
01-01-2010, 11:13 PM
LMAO/:rofl:...

hopsgt500
01-02-2010, 02:48 AM

Yep :rofl: