PDA

View Full Version : Anyone home brewing with Mr. Beer | Experiences, Recipes Thread

Babbo
09-19-2001, 08:56 PM
I have polished, and applied AIOx1, and SGx1, and let it cure for 24 hours. I want to add one more coat of SG. My question is, do I need to let it cure another 24 hours before adding the Blitz?

YoSteve
09-20-2001, 01:10 AM
ooh, good question that hasn`t come up before. I would remain consistent with the way you applied SG. If you waited x amount on the first two coats why skimp on this one. Make sure to document your experience and show some pics if possible. I feel that you will like he Blitz, note there are different ways to apply Blitz too :) someone might care to expand on that one as I just apply it regular.

Preachers Sheets
09-20-2001, 07:10 AM
Put it his way, if you have the time do it, if not then you do not need to wait more than 30 minutes (if it is cool and not muggy outside).

Test both, see which you like more. You`ll be happy with either.

Don2000g
09-20-2001, 06:09 PM
Many will tell you that you should wait 24 hours between your last coat of SG and Blitz. And yeah, that would probably be the best bet. However, I and many others have applied Blitz on immediately with great results. So the previous poster is correct. You`ll be happy with either way. Laters.

ihetenyi
09-20-2001, 09:49 PM
yep...I`ve done both as well. Couldn`t tell you if waiting 24 hours did much of anything other than delaying the fun you can have applying blitz to your favorite car.

michakaveli
12-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Just got one of these kits for Christmas. Seems very cool and fun. Post your experiences, techniques and recipes....

I`m currently brewing the West Coast Pale Ale that came with the "Premium" kit.

MB Fan
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Have fun! I brewed my own for several years and loved it. One of my favorite varieties was a dopplebock. It is dark with chocolate/carmel notes. Its a little more complicated than traditional lagers but nothing you can`t take on once you have practiced with a batch or two.

You might consider getting a hydrometer if your kit didn`t come with one. If you plan on brewing several batches over time I also suggest making notes about what you did and how and then how the product turned out. That way you have something to help you for the next time. Also - be very careful about cleaning everything really well inbetween batches. It doesn`t take much to throw off the flavor.

There are thousands of recipes on the web and lots of places to get supplies so you won`t run out of things to try for a long time!

michakaveli
12-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the response. I`ll have to look into the Doppelbock :thumbup:

hopsgt500
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I got one a long time ago, still have it as a matter of fact. It is a good home brew kit. Like what was posted before make sure everything is clean/sanitized good even the bottles you put it in. You really can`t go wrong with those kits. Enjoy :Dancing Dot:

If you want to do more home brewing there is a great place on line that has everything you need including great advice/help. It is called Windriver Brewing Company.