PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Elderly Lady....

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Kevin Brown
09-19-2001, 01:05 PM
Hello fellow autopians. Question is directed at fellow GTA autopians. Where can one buy distilled water in T.O.? Nobody seems to know. :confused:

JasonC8301
09-19-2001, 01:21 PM
You may purchase distilled water in supermarkets or anywhere they sell bottled water.

I am sorry for the bad information.

Thanks for correcting me.

andrew43
09-19-2001, 01:24 PM
Spring vs. distilled...distilled will be PURE H20, whereas spring will contain a quanity of minerals. So, get the distilled stuff. You will be able to find it at ANY grocery store and some gas stations. It should be under $1 for a gallon.

Good luck, and remember, stay away from spring water! Might as well use tap water if that is what you are after. pH only tells us the balance of base and acid in the medium, not the quantity of offending chemicals/minerals.

YoSteve
09-19-2001, 05:30 PM
like they said, go to where you normally buy bottle drinking water in the supermarket and look for distilled (there might be some added info on the bottle so read the label too)

Rob_K
09-19-2001, 05:33 PM
In Toronto you can try Shoppers Drug Mart or any big supermarket like Highland Farms.

Ron Ketcham
09-19-2001, 06:01 PM
Does your house have an air conditioner, one that has a hose or outlet where the condensation comes out to a drain or such.

I used to capture this and the wife at the time, (don`t go there, now when I fall in love, just buy them a house and leave with the microwave when it it`s over. Much less expensive) and she used in the steam iron,(when she wasn`t throwing it at me),we used it to make coffee, etc.

Don`t know what the mineral content was, but with the correct quality carwash shampoo, doesn`t really make a big difference. We use tap water in all the shops, have for years, and no problems.

Or, get a Brita, does it as well, if you never drank coffee with water that was through one, you ain`t tasted coffee.

:eek:

imported_Kevin Brown
09-21-2001, 12:13 PM
Thanks everybody for your input. :) Rob_K, did you actually buy distilled water from Shoppers Drug Mart before?

mx5
09-21-2001, 01:17 PM
Distilled water and coffee is only way to drink coffee.

Paul Harvey
09-21-2001, 03:19 PM
yeah I bought mine at Shoppers too, big fridges always next to the cash registers !!!

Rob_K
09-21-2001, 04:54 PM
Yes I have bought from Shoppers. Also good to use in medical

vapourizers when you are sick. It doesn`t leave mineral deposits.

imported_Luster
12-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Today I was parked at the Dr. office waiting for my wife to come out. There are about 6 cars all lined up at the parking blocks. I`m in the second slot from the office door. A mini-van pulls into slot #6 and an old lady gets out. A cane in her left hand and using each car hood, down the line, as her personal handrail. Of course, the cars are covered with salt and road grime, so any touch is inducing scratches... :banghead:

I`m trying to back out, but, too much traffic.

Here she comes. #5... #4... #3..... AAAAHHHHH ....... I CAN`T GET OUT!!!!!

As she drags her dirty glove across my hood, I want to lay on the horn!!!:mad::mad::mad: But just then she looks over at me, with those weepy eyes, smiles, and gives me a little child-like wave.

:doh:I concede.

I give here a smile back and wave.

Very nice. Thank you God, for self control! (It`ll buff out.):cornut:

supercharged
12-30-2009, 03:48 AM
you should of come out and helped her...this way car is safe, and I`m sure she will appreciate it...

Chubby Davis
12-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Today I was parked at the Dr. office waiting for my wife to come out. There are about 6 cars all lined up at the parking blocks. I`m in the second slot from the office door. A mini-van pulls into slot #6 and an old lady gets out. A cane in her left hand and using each car hood, down the line, as her personal handrail. Of course, the cars are covered with salt and road grime, so any touch is inducing scratches... :banghead:

I`m trying to back out, but, too much traffic.

Here she comes. #5... #4... #3..... AAAAHHHHH ....... I CAN`T GET OUT!!!!!

As she drags her dirty glove across my hood, I want to lay on the horn!!!:mad::mad::mad: But just then she looks over at me, with those weepy eyes, smiles, and gives me a little child-like wave.

:doh:I concede.

I give here a smile back and wave.

Very nice. Thank you God, for self control! (It`ll buff out.):cornut:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
--------------------
Whatever happened to that Middle America Hospitality!!!

Old Pirate
12-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi Brian.........:Christmas Hat:

imported_Luster
12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
you should of come out and helped her...this way car is safe, and I`m sure she will appreciate it...

Whatever happened to that Middle America Hospitality!!!

You guys are brutal!!!! (You`re also right! Lesson learned. Next time I`ll help her into the office!:clap:)