PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else wipedown their cell phone?

Pages : [1] 2 3

msmith638
09-18-2001, 04:56 PM
I put some swirl marks in my paint and have gotten some great advice from you guys. I`m just going to get an estimate to have it professionally done. I may work on it myself but Acura`s paint is SO thin I`m worried about me not getting it right and then having to go to someone anyway and removing further paint. Has anyone ever heard of Bevely Hills Auto Resort or Total Detailing in Pine Brook? Any other reccomendations?

rstype
09-18-2001, 05:43 PM
You might want to check out Ron`s site for an AI trained detailer: http://www.autoint.com/trusted_professional_detailers.htm (`http://www.autoint.com/trusted_professional_detailers.htm`)

Good luck!

msmith638
09-18-2001, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the website. If you can believe it there are only 2 detailers in NJ listed. Unfortunately none are near me. But thanks for the info.

ALM
09-18-2001, 08:30 PM
Where in NJ ru?

debaser330ci
09-18-2001, 09:12 PM
darkalley, i would strongly suggest that you give it a try yourself before taking it to a "professional". if you take a look at some of my previous posts (do a search for my nic) you will see what a so-called "professional" detailer can do to your car. it also happened to jtszymano (take a look at his jeep and shed a tear with us).

3M swirl mark remover is VERY VERY mild. from my experience it would seem to be almost impossible to harm your finish by using it. you can put more swirls in if you go crazy with it, but it works great if you take your time and work in straight lines only.

even if you do find a reputable detailer, will they do your car to your specification? will they use zaino/klasse on it, which is the system overwhelmingly preferred by the people here? or will they stick to their products which may be inferior? (the guy that did my car didn`t want to hear `nuthin` bout no zaino he was using his arsenal of stuff, the biggest gun of which was his silicone spray bottle to cover up the mess!)

i learned my lesson, and it cost me a hundred bucks plus lots of time to undo what the "professional" did. now, i would never DREAM of letting anyone else touch my car (except a fellow autopian, of course).

please consider your decision carefully!

PS: Detailking, are you anywhere near darkalley?

JasonC8301
09-18-2001, 09:41 PM
He put it very well. Some professionals are not really professionals. These bad apples ruin the rest of the good ones out there. Ron K`s trusted ones are the good ones out there.

Yeah where in NJ are you?

Hope its near DETAILKING.

Anywhere near the Presidential estates (area code 08857), which is next to the Matchaponix development?

Jason

Langley Interior Car Kare
09-18-2001, 10:43 PM
i had a similar problem and rons website only list upstate ny detailers......anybody have any opinions on Ziebarts detailers.....

DETAILKING
09-19-2001, 11:21 AM
I could have a look and start you on doing it yourself, or I could have a go..... Where are you located? Mail me.

Preachers Sheets
09-19-2001, 11:28 AM
I went to a so called "pro" shop and I got the impression since it wasn`t there car and they were only getting 145.00!!!! they did a slip slap job and my car came out alright, kinda hacked, the finsih didn`t last long and I overall didn`t think it worth more than 30.00

Do it yourself man, you are not going to mess up your paint, it`s quite easy if the problem is small. You can save yourself quite a bit of money and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

It it wasn`t for the bootleg "pro" detailer I would of never started to detail myself, I thought it was so hard and impossible but it`s more like a fun and easy sport...... at least to me. I really enjoy doing my own car.

YoSteve
09-20-2001, 01:45 AM
I second having Jason or DK work on your car. You will definately get more bang for your buck in that it will be done correctly. Plus if you go with Jason, he`ll put on the mega layers of Klasse and what other detailers (but the ones here) use it. If those other Jersey detailers used Klasse they would have posted in this thread long ago.

eyesack
06-12-2008, 03:07 PM
where in NJ are you? I`m in cherry hill. I also have sold supplies and chemicals to almost every detail shop in NJ so i know where the `good` ones are. Post pics of ur car!

legionofdoom
06-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Why are you replying to a 7 year old thread???

Envious Eric
06-12-2008, 04:14 PM
and another question is why are 7 year old threads still available...lol

I would think to save bandwidth and all that forum tech stuff (i have no clue about it) that threads from 4+ years would be automatically removed...

eyesack
04-02-2009, 01:20 AM
rofl i didnt even look at the timestamp on that!

imported_slicknickis3
04-02-2009, 06:50 AM
where in NJ are you? I`m in cherry hill. I also have sold supplies and chemicals to almost every detail shop in NJ so i know where the `good` ones are. Post pics of ur car!

Whom did you sell supplies for?? Ardex?

I buy all of my supplies/chems from online vendors, though I would consider our work much better than good.