PDA

View Full Version : What is Waffle Weave?

bigbobv
09-18-2001, 04:51 PM
Wow. Just finished my first topper coat of Blitz over AIO and SG on a black BMW 330Ci.

Wow.

Wow. OK, I did say that already.

Now I know what black really is. Deep, deep color (so deep you almost could swim in it.)

Plus, I took the car out on the road and got caught in a strong downpour. When the rain stopped, the water just fell off the car.

I`m a Klasse convert.

BradE
09-18-2001, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the club :D

Brad B
09-18-2001, 04:55 PM
Pictures, we want pictures!!!:p

tonysandiego
09-18-2001, 09:43 PM
Our 330Ci won`t be here until November.:(

Like Brad said.......<strong class=`bbc`>Pictures!!!![/b]

DETAILKING
09-19-2001, 11:17 AM
I ordered on April 15th and took delivery on June 30th.

Old Pirate
12-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Waffle weave fabric is a woven fabric with a recessed square pattern. The raised edges around the recessed squares give the pattern the look of the breakfast food called waffles ( Yummy ). Waffle weave fabric is available in different gauges from very fine to medium to coarse. Waffle weave helps drying a car surface a snap!

TOGWT
12-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Waffle Weave Towel

A waffle (Piqu?) weave towel is a synthetic micro fibre woven with a dimpled pattern, which provides thousands of small pockets to trap dirt or grit. The absorbency of these towels is quite remarkable; they are able to hold seven or eight times their weight in water. The reason I advice against the use of natural or synthetic chamois or flat surface synthetic sponges is that grit or dirt can become trapped between its flat surface and the paint causing scratches.

imported_Bunky
12-29-2009, 09:34 AM
The reason I advice against the use of natural or synthetic chamois or flat surface synthetic sponges is that grit or dirt can become trapped between its flat surface and the paint causing scratches.

There are a lot of good detailers using sponges with great results.

TOGWT
12-29-2009, 10:10 AM
There are a lot of good detailers using sponges with great results.

Very true, but most of them have `pockets` like natural sponges to hold dirt , grit, etc unlike the flat sythetic sponge