PDA

View Full Version : Best pad design for extending working time with AIOs

BradE
09-18-2001, 01:11 PM
Is anyone having trouble with the board running very slow? It is taking forever to load, and sometimes I get "Website Not Responding"

Lowejackson
09-18-2001, 01:32 PM
Here in the UK, very very slow. Taken about 10 minutes just to post this.

Steven

Alfa 164

Autoglym polish, glaze and Blitz

imported_gewb
09-18-2001, 03:14 PM
Usually laggy when hyperlinking from autopia-carcare.com but it`s fine once I get here (216.147.22.29/autopia-carport.com). But today I have gotten some timeouts. Running traceroute it seems the last few hops are laggin`.

BradE
09-18-2001, 03:25 PM
It seems to be getting better now.

Glozz
09-18-2001, 03:56 PM
This could be causing some issues with speed. It depends on what routers you use to attach to this server. My speed has been on and off again all day today. Again it depends on what route your computer ISP uses for your location.

My wife works at Intel and she is on the Virus Crisis Staff. Needless to say they are being hit and hit HARD!

This appears to be worse then "Code Red" about a month ago!

imported_gewb
09-18-2001, 04:00 PM
Good heads up Jazzyjack. Think it`s called MINDA (ADMIN backwards). Don`t open up email attachements unless you are 100% sure they are safe!!

ISLANDSBEST
09-20-2001, 04:07 AM
Yes, yesterday the site was running very slow. Better today.

JonB
09-20-2001, 10:45 AM
I noticed a lot of activity on my cable modem for the last few days. It all gets stopped at my router, but I think this "noise" is definitely from virus induced packets. Surprisingly, I have not really noticed degredation of service. Still running at about 3 Meg/S down and 128 K up.

As for performance of this site, I think it is usually quite good. I do get an occasional delay or failure to load, but when I see that it isn`t loading instantly, I just click again and 99.9% of the time it will load instantly. Not sure what causes that type of response but I have seen it at many sites. Probably a very transient overload on one of the routers in your path.

H

imported_wfedwar
12-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Specifically this is in regards to Prime Strong, which is much like Klasse AIO, but with more abrasives. I currently use a 7.5" green or black CCS style pad, but the working time is low. I can usually only get ~2 passes in the summertime before it flashes. I`d like to know if Kompressor, or some other style pad would increase working time over what I`m already using. This is with a Flex DA. Thanks.

Todd@RUPES
12-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Specifically this is in regards to Prime Strong, which is much like Klasse AIO, but with more abrasives. I currently use a 7.5" green or black CCS style pad, but the working time is low. I can usually only get ~2 passes in the summertime before it flashes. I`d like to know if Kompressor, or some other style pad would increase working time over what I`m already using. This is with a Flex DA. Thanks.

Although I have never tried it I would see if the Tangerine style H20 pad will help. The cells of the H20 pads are closed which prevents the product from `sponging` into the pad, keeping the surface wetter. You might want to back down the speed of the machine slowly, because the closed cells will run the surface slightly warmer (lack of air flow).

I have used Klasse AIO (similar to JWPS as you mentioned) with a rotary and a red pad, working it until it melts into the paint, if that makes sense, a low speed.

:rockon: