PDA

View Full Version : BF and EF Tire Gel

imported_jking
09-17-2001, 11:40 AM
Last year from this forum I learned about Meg #20 polysealant. I live in Ontario Canada and I used this product for added protection and easy maintenance during the snow and ice season. I have heated garage so my vehicles do get washed on a regurlar basis no matter the weather. I continued to wax during the winter and in general found this system polyseal/wax to be an inexpensive way to maintain the cars during the winter months. Number of weeks ago after seeing DEBASER330ci results from Zaino and pursuing further info from the forum archieves on Zaino, which resulted in finding a Canadian distributor, I just had to move up and try this stuff. I bought what I needed last week and more but to this point have not used it. MY QUESTION IS - For you guys who experience winter conditions where you live and have used #20 and Zaino and can compare - what do you use in the winter - what stands up and is easy to maintain during those ugly snow slushy days. I see Zaino for normal maintenance can be high with the regular use of Z6 (some people find this/ some want results and don`t care) so that`s a consideration cause Meg #26 is inexpensive along wth FI BUT from what I have seen Zaino will create a better looking maintained car. I will be using the Zaino in a non winter car cause I go to see for myself how this stuff performs. Can not consider Klasse cause it is not available here. Thanks for any responses cause I got to Make Thum Shine. MTS

DETAILKING
09-17-2001, 11:55 AM
wash your car on your normal schedule, but just use Z7 instead of your previous car wash. I only z6 between coats of zaino and ever week after my Z7 wash......

The car will look great all winter.

imported_jking
09-17-2001, 12:57 PM
I just knew you would find me a way to cut costs using Zaino, thanks, and I guess that would work. Again from all that I read re Zaino - some did remark that after using z7 for washing brought the paint back to looking like it had just been detailed. MTS

ISLANDSBEST
09-17-2001, 09:37 PM
What was your experience with the Meg #20 polysealant? Pros? Cons?

mx5
09-18-2001, 06:49 AM
My experience with # 20 is that it applies very easily and buffs off just as easy. It also has very mild cleaning properties. It gives a great shine, you can instantly tell the difference. It does not give the deep shine of a carnauba wax, though. I was unable to find the time to wax my vehicle for a couple of months and it was still beading from the #20. Good product.

imported_jking
09-18-2001, 07:16 AM
My experience was that I was pleased with its durability. I am sure being kept in a heated garage and washed on a regular/as needed basis, helped it last a little bit longer. But if it snowed at work or while driving the stuff just slid off. The car seem to retain it`s ` my owner cares about me look ` after being washed - of course in the winter all that salt and dirty - any time a car is washed during that season seems to make it stand out amoungst the rest - especially black - you become an easy target for those who want to splash you with crap to get you back to looking like them, dirty. Of course the odd coat of wax helped. Number 20 is easy to put on on take off. I don`t really have any cons about the stuff maybe just the price - here it is about $26.00 Can. and 16 oz bottle and cheapest I could find in the US was about $16.00 US or about $24.00 Can. but no matter it does work well. And that is my question I have to wonder if Zaino will be that durable and my gut feeling is YES - in 6 months we will find out, might even do one vehicle in 20, one in Zaino - sure I will post my findings. MTS

imported_wfedwar
12-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Can anyone tell me how either the BF or EF tire gels compare to the commonly available gels like Meguiar`s Endurance or Hot Shine? Thanks,

Billy

supercharged
12-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Blackfire is similar in looks to Megs Endurance High Gloss, but is more durable...

Old Pirate
12-24-2009, 03:46 PM
And it doesn`t sling like some products out there.

Justin Murphy
12-24-2009, 09:53 PM
There are a lot of Black Fire items on my list.......and this is one.

If it lasts longer than Endurance, I`m in.

PorscheGuy997
12-25-2009, 12:50 AM
I started using EF Black Sapphire a few months ago and really like the look of it.

Endurance HG tends to be glossier, but Black Sapphire is more of a matte finish and tends to last longer.

Todd@RUPES
12-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Just a fwiw: The differences between Eimann Fabrik and Blackfire is that in Eimann Fabrik, being a `professional` product is designed to work in the professional environment. What does that mean?

It is always best to clean your tires properly and thoroughly before applying any tire dressing, but for professional detailers, this can be overtly time consuming. Eimann Fabrik will `bond` better to tires that are not fully cleaned, but as a trade off it won`t last quite as long Blackfire. It is a `thicker` formula, although MUCH better then the traditional `slap some goop` alternatives in the professional environment.

imported_wfedwar
12-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Sounds like BF is some good stuff, just need to make sure to clen the tires well beforehand. Thanks for the input everyone.

hopsgt500
12-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I just use Turtle Wax`s Wet Black tire dressing. Works great, doesn`t sling off, lasts a long time.