PDA

View Full Version : *Order Arrived*/;O]

hdflame
09-16-2001, 09:34 PM
Hi Everyone..My question is:

I have a porter cable polisher, I have been using the mequiars 3 step system, sorry to say the protection does not last very long ,

I am thinking about trying out Zaino`s, could i use my porter cable to apply there products, I would be taking off the products with 100% cotton charisma towels, I have a 2001 Mitsubishi montero sport in white, I ready love using the my porter cable polisher, By the way this forum is a great thing...Thanks to all

Koyaanisqatsi
09-16-2001, 09:43 PM
If you want to use your Porter cable I would try Klasse AIO the a few coats of SG. On white the Klasse is AWESOME. Use Meguiars #34 Final inspection as a QD and it will really shine. The Porter cable with work wonderfully with the AIO to clean your paint and speed the job up too. Zaino doesn`t need to use a buffer. It has no real cleaning properties. You will probably waste product if you use the PC.

DETAILKING
09-16-2001, 10:06 PM
Using a buffer would just waste product, but some zaino-ers do use one.....

ISLANDSBEST
09-17-2001, 01:58 AM
I don`t think there would be any advantage in using the PC when applying Zaino. In fact, when you consider any set up time, it might be quicker, and it is certainly less hassle, to apply the Z by hand.

As the Z just needs to be wiped on, not buffed in, the key benefit of a buffer (buffing) is extraneous when using Zaino.

TortoiseAWD
09-17-2001, 07:50 AM
I use the PC to apply Z1; it allows for a very thin application, and since Z1 says to use circular motions, I figured "Why not?". Although others have indicated that using a buffer wastes product, this has not been my experience. Yes, the polishing pad does absorb a bit of product, but after the first panel or two, the pad is damp with Z1, and only requires about a half-dozen "dots" around the circumference to do subsequent panels. I estimate I used less than 1/2 the product that I did on my first Z1 application with a cotton terry applicator.

The Z1 goes on so thin with the PC it seems to absorb into the paint rather than haze on top. I apply Z2/Z5 with a damp foam applicator (using straight-line motions); my last application of Z1 followed by Z5 took only about 30 minutes to dry, and was a breeze to remove.

Tort

DETAILKING
09-17-2001, 07:52 AM
What you are seeing, though, is not Z1 being "absorbed into the paint"...but when you put it on thin enough, it flash drys almost instantly. 30 minute cure times are right on par.......good work!

scottybob1
09-17-2001, 12:43 PM
check out this site for information.

Zaino & PC (`http://scott_winger.tripod.com/zainopage.html`)

*MustangGT/25YRS*
12-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello Angelo/
Just wanted you to know the Pads came in Monday Night.
Dammm,That was Quick!!.I received the *Sticker* and will be
sending [Patti] it out,this Thursday,w/Attention:Angelo on the Box.Also,
There`s 2/Cards in the Box.One for You and one for TID:Owner & Staff.You guys are/:cool:/:Frosty:.
Once Again...I`m very happy to be a Member here a *TID*.:Dancing Dot:/:partaaay:.*Thank You,Angelo/TID*
and *Classic Motoring Accessories*
Best Regards/
Raymond
********************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^************** ****
PS:I`m Sorry it`s in the Wrong Forum Section/:(

Old Pirate
12-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Glad to see you got your package quick, and thank you very much for your kind comments Raymond..........Happy Holiday`s.........:Christmas Hat: