PDA

View Full Version : Dressing Applicators....

Jasz
09-16-2001, 09:30 AM
I had a Clearbra installed last Friday by a reputable high end 3M certified shop. (stonechips are common here as they gravel the roads in the winter) They used 3M film and came highly recommended from local M-B and Lexus dealers.

On saturday I was looking over my car and see in two places they cut the film on the car on my hood and one fender with a knife. At the edge of the film if you peel it back you can see a fine cutline in the clearcoat. I am pissed (the car is a 2001 Audi A4), but don`t know what to do.

If I never remove the bra it is not noticeable and no one will know (except me). It shouldn`t rust. I don`t really want the car repainted just for this, since the factory paint is excellent, and I don`t trust aftermarket shops to be of the same quality as factory. (I am extrememly anal, detailing often and after 6 months my car has no door dings since I always park at the back corner of parking lots - Hey I read this forum daily!)

Any suggestions? What would you folks do? I am considering getting a letter in writing from the installer saying if when I remove the bra or any rusing occurs from cut lines I expect the shop to repaint vehicle at their cost.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Don2000g
09-16-2001, 11:46 AM
If I were you I would take the vehicle back to the company that installed it. Speak to the manager and express to him your concerns. I`m pretty sure they would be willing to remove the film and help you out with a free 2nd one. Once removed, I would try some 3M Finnesse It 2 with a foam pad. It might take 2 applications or so, but this should even out the light scratch and take care of this problem. I`ve often used this product for very similar situations. Its a great product for removing swirls and light scratches. Once you get the area looking the way you wanted, then have the company install the product again and voice your concerns to the manager. I`m sure they won`t make the same mistake again.

By the way, it wouldn`t be a bad idea to take some pictures of the problem area for your own personal records. Hope this helps. Laters.

Justin Murphy
12-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Was wondering if PAC carries these.....
http://elitedetailandperformance.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/4/4/448.jpg

They look awesome and durable.

Old Pirate
12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Not at this moment Justin..............Happy Holidays..........:Christmas Hat: