PDA

View Full Version : First Time With Stoner`s Trim Shine

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Wes
09-15-2001, 03:48 PM
Just peeled off the tape the dealer used to stick the temp. registration onto the inside window.

Left some gummmy/sticky remains.

What is the best product to use to remove them??

I do have goof-off but not sure if it would harm the glass coating(is there coating for BMW glass??)

I imagine I could use some more sticky tape to lift them out if I wanted to but wondering if there is better ways.

Thanks.

YoSteve
09-15-2001, 03:51 PM
I used goo gone to take of tape remains from both glass and paint (and scuff marks on dash type plastic) it works well, in many cases. a plastic scraper might work well too (for glass)

HTH - (Yo) Steve

37buckeye
09-15-2001, 03:59 PM
I use rubbing alcohol and gently scrape away the residue with a fingernail. It removes the sticky residue and does not harm the rear defroster lines.

-ema

Ron Ketcham
09-15-2001, 10:49 PM
Soak a small area of a towel with lighter fluid, hold it against the area for a couple of minutes, flip the cloth to a clean portion, dampen with the lighter fluid, wipe, then clean with glass cleaner.

No scraping, no hard work, no expensive products, no damage to the defroster wires, the glass.

Just simple process and product.

:bounce

Husker Z
12-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I keep reading about people using this stuff and our XC90 has quite a bit of porous plastic along the bottom of it that is tough to clean, so I figured I`d give it a shot. I`d been using Z16 with pretty good luck, but it`s kind of messy in that application and a spray would be better for this.

Anyway, I gave the 90 a quick wash yesterday and then hit it with Z8 and figured I`d give this Trim Shine a shot. First impression is, WOW, easy to apply, easy to spread and it seems to really soak in the plastic. We`ll see how it holds up, but so far, so good. Here are a couple of quick snap shots.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/Husker_Zack/HPIM0559.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/Husker_Zack/HPIM0560.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/Husker_Zack/HPIM0561.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/Husker_Zack/HPIM0562.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo224/Husker_Zack/HPIM0563.jpg

imported_Luster
12-20-2009, 01:51 PM
I`ve always liked Trim Shine. I use it on engine bays that are heavily clad in plastic and rubber. Good product.

I also use it on black or gray plastic cladding, as you did. :thumbup:

Leadfootluke
12-20-2009, 02:00 PM
How about plastic wheel wells?

That does look good though :)

Husker Z
12-20-2009, 02:01 PM

Yeah, I need to hit those as well, I just went right by them. They are actually lined with some fuzzy crap that dampens the road noise, both Volvos have I believe the plastic is removable, it`s just there for looks/sound dampening I think. What I like is that you can take a can of Tire Foam, coat the wheel wells and it looks fantastic and very easy to do.

imported_Luster
12-20-2009, 02:11 PM

Yes, Trim Shine works very well on black plastic wheel wells. It washes off with the first water spray or rain, but it does make them look good.:)

Husker Z
12-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes, Trim Shine works very well on black plastic wheel wells. It washes off with the first water spray or rain, but it does make them look good.:)

Dang, so I`m guessing the longevity on the lower trim is going to be extremely short as well. Oh well, I know the Z16 will last, so I can use it, but for a quick hit, this stuff is great. I`ll be able to use it in the engine bays as well.

imported_Luster
12-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Dang, so I`m guessing the longevity on the lower trim is going to be extremely short as well. Oh well, I know the Z16 will last, so I can use it, but for a quick hit, this stuff is great. I`ll be able to use it in the engine bays as well.

True, TS is not known for it`s longevity, but, as you stated, for a quick hit, it will look great!

Husker Z
12-20-2009, 02:22 PM
True, TS is not known for it`s longevity, but, as you stated, for a quick hit, it will look great!

Good enough for the wifey to head to the mall and look good amongst all the Joco snobs!!!

imported_Luster
12-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Good enough for the wifey to head to the mall and look good amongst all the Joco snobs!!!

But you live in JOCO! I just assumed you had "Johnson-County-Itis" too!!! LOL!!! j/k :rofl:

Husker Z
12-20-2009, 02:29 PM
But you live in JOCO! I just assumed you had "Johnson-County-Itis" too!!! LOL!!! j/k :rofl:

Absolutely not!! We moved here because it was easy for both of us to get to our jobs. I love the area, hate the attitudes. It REALLY pains me to have KANSAS tags on my cars:banghead:

imported_Luster
12-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Absolutely not!! We moved here because it was easy for both of us to get to our jobs. I love the area, hate the attitudes. It REALLY pains me to have KANSAS tags on my cars:banghead:

Haha!!! I`m definitely laughing out loud!!!