PDA

View Full Version : Great Winter Protection

imported_Dude
09-15-2001, 02:56 PM
I have a window lint problem. Last night, I tried some of those Pledge "Grab-It" furniture dusting cloths on the windows. They didn`t work. They didn`t pick up the old lint, but they didn`t leave any new lint behind either.

Just wanted to let everyone know about the results of this experiement. Failed experiments are science too!

bmw5541
12-20-2009, 10:52 AM
As much of the country is covered in snow from this storm, I won`t complain about my 11" of snow that was dumped on us yesterday.

The reason for this thread, is that I wanted to let everyone know about the protection that I have on my DD that sits outside 24/7.

Last month, I did a complete detail an my car and applied 3 coats of BFWD topped with 3 coats of 845IW.

This morning when I went out to shovel (okay, so I use a snow blower), I had to first clean the snow off my car. I used my arm to wipe off the snow. One pass with my arm and all of the snow slid right off my car. My wife`s car which was not treated, was much more difficult. Even with a brush, the snow was stuck to the surface.

I knew that the protection would be good, but this really sold me. As an added bonus, when the snow was wipped of my car, it cleaned off some of the surface dirt, and now looks clean.:clap:

I love this stuff!!!

imported_wfedwar
12-20-2009, 11:56 AM
So was it the BFWD or the Collinite? I`d say as far as protection goes, it`s really hard to beat Collinite, especially 476S.

imported_Luster
12-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I have 2 DD`s that are outside 24/7 also. BFWD x2 and I have the same conditions. Snow slides off like water!:Dancing Dot:

imported_glfahlc
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
wow, i didn`t think of it but the snow did slide right off the the volvo with the bfwd on it and the truck has fmj on it. i did notice in the sun the truck looked like i had just washed it. we got 16" here and the sno broom worked like a charm.

supercharged
12-20-2009, 11:47 PM
sounds like you are all set up for winter...