PDA

View Full Version : Just Because Contest!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

believe58
09-14-2001, 10:27 AM
I am about to apply the Zaino system to my car this weekend and have a question about Dawn. Which one am I supposed to use? I have the light blue one marked ultra Dawn original scent. Is this the right one? It also says new fast acting formula. How much of the stuff should I use in my wash bucket? Any tips for the Zaino application? Thanks in advance.

adjulian
09-14-2001, 10:41 AM
congrats on the Zaino purchase, you are going to love the system. With regards to the Dawn you purchased, you should be fine. I have used that Dawn to prep my car and had no issues with my application of Zaino. Just use your judgement on how much Dawn you use (think how much you use when you use car shampoo) The point of Dawn is to get the paint `squeaky clean`, once you hear it squeaking, no more wax is on the car. Have you considered claying your car as well? If you haven`t, strongly consider it, prepping your paint is half the battle.

I use foam applicators with Zaino and find it very helpful because it helps give me very, very thin coats (which is key!). Apply Z1 in extremely thin coats, use a front to back motion on top surfaces and an up and down motion for side panels. No need to wait for Z1 to dry, simply follow up with Z2 or Z5, again in thin coats using the same application motion. I spray my foam app with a shot of Z6 before app of Z2/Z5 to aid in applying thin coats. Wait at least an hour if you have applied thin coats (DK suggests letting your car bake in the sun to promote drying time), you will know its dry if you can take your finger to the haze and wipe it clean (no smearing). Use a USA made 100% cotton towel to remove the haze and follow up with Z6 for a gloss/shine/and slickness that you will love.

Subsequent coats of Z should be applied approximately 24 hours in between if temps are below 70 degrees. If above 70 degrees, you can get away with another coat 7-8 hours later.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps and post pics in the photo gallery when you are done. Enjoy.

mx5
09-14-2001, 11:28 AM
Would using ammonia do the same thing? Is ammonia too strong of a chemical for the paint? I don`t use it. Just wondering.

adjulian
09-14-2001, 11:32 AM
I am not sure, sounds like a question for Ron K.

DETAILKING
09-14-2001, 12:02 PM
use a little bit though.....or it will leave a film.

Don2000g
09-14-2001, 04:48 PM
If you do use a little too much Dawn, you can easily remove any film with regular car wash. Not a problem. Laters.

ISLANDSBEST
09-14-2001, 10:45 PM
An earlier poster wrote:

"Apply Z1 in extremely thin coats" -- good advice

"use a front to back motion on top surfaces and an up and down motion for side panels." -- unfortunately, this not correct for the Z1 application. This is correct for the Z2/3/5.

Though it seems a mortal sin, a poster told me Z1 is to be applied with circular motions. I did not believe it the first time I was told. I emailed Sal and I have it in writting from him that Z1 should be applied in a circular motion.

Jack Kruer
12-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Just Because we have so many people on line tonight, let`s have a "Just because, One Night Only, Simple Give Away". The rules are simple, Add your name to this thread and we will draw a name tomorrow. Winner gets one, standard size Blackfire product of their choice. No Kits, single item only. Contest ends at midnight tonight, Dec. 17 2009. We will pm the winner tomorrow.

jk

jay56
12-17-2009, 07:39 PM
I`m in!
Congrats, Jack!

imported_nbk13nw
12-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Me too! And thank to you as well!

imported_Luster
12-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Bill Luster! I`m in!:wink:

MB Fan
12-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I`m In! Thanks!

imported_gewb
12-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Just Because we have so many people on line tonight, let`s have a "Just because, One Night Only, Simple Give Away". The rules are simple, Add your name to this thread and we will draw a name tomorrow. Winner gets one, standard size Blackfire product of their choice. No Kits, single item only. Contest ends at midnight tonight, Dec. 17 2009. We will pm the winner tomorrow.

jk

Happy Holidays El Presidente!

May the new year be prosperous for all of us!

Best Regards,
GEWB

(Gary E. W. Bowen)

Tuck91
12-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Nick Tucker is in.

Thanks Jack. :wink:

Motor09
12-17-2009, 08:03 PM
How can I miss this!

M. G. Brady