PDA

View Full Version : Xpel Film Sealant...

imported_nihoole
09-14-2001, 08:53 AM
Just wandering what most people use to apply products like 303 to interior parts?I used a cotton applicator and it spreads quite nice but left lint.Just looking for a way to spread evenly with little waste.I have found that the Eagle One tire sponges do the best on tires.THANKS

adjulian
09-14-2001, 09:21 AM
eom

mx5
09-14-2001, 09:21 AM
Try a foam applicator or try wiping with a coffee filter. I found neither leave lint.

old_gonzo
09-14-2001, 09:57 AM
For applying 303 to the interior, I use a NicSand Brand microfiber towel. Nice, even application; no lint. While I would not use these on the paint, they are great for interior cleaning/dressing. :up

bmerjorge21
09-14-2001, 10:08 AM
I also use foam, then buff with those blue shop paper towels. Don`t laugh, they work very well!!:D

TortoiseAWD
09-14-2001, 12:24 PM
I`ve tried both an inexpensive MF towel and a clean tire swipe to apply 303. The MF towel absorbed gobs of product and didn`t want to let it go. The tire swipe worked much better for me; I estimate I used less than 1/3 of the amount of 303 when I used foam rather than the MF. I did have to go back over everything lightly with a MF towel to even out the finish when I used foam, but overall it was much faster and more econimical, imo.

I plan to add some of those foam wood stain "brushes" to my bag-o-stuff to reach the tight places . . .

This was just my experience; YMMV.

imported_Roadrunner
12-17-2009, 03:31 PM
A customer gave me a bottle of Xpel to use on his car`s clear bra. Anyone have experience with it?
I did a search here and didn`t come with anything.

I asked him who made the bra and he didn`t have the slightest idea.

If anyone`s had a good or bad experience I`d appreciate your insight.

Thanks!

imported_gewb
12-17-2009, 06:47 PM
A customer gave me a bottle of Xpel to use on his car`s clear bra. Anyone have experience with it?
I did a search here and didn`t come with anything.

I asked him who made the bra and he didn`t have the slightest idea.

If anyone`s had a good or bad experience I`d appreciate your insight.

Thanks!

Haven`t used their products but looked interesting. Do a search on it - top Google result was the hit.

Regards,
GEWB

imported_Roadrunner
12-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Haven`t used their products but looked interesting. Do a search on it - top Google result was the hit.

Regards,
GEWB

Thanks!:) I Googled it and found the info I needed.