PDA

View Full Version : Car Drying... What`s your choice?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dreams911s
09-13-2001, 09:42 PM
i have only posted here one other time so no one knows me. but i have a 1990 honda civic with lots of scratches and swirls (i think thats what thay are). Anyway i dont know when to apply scratch remover and swirl remover. Is it after i wash with dawn ? i have used the mother line of products once and would like to do it again this weekend. traying to fix the scratches and swirls

thanks for all your help

Ed

tonysandiego
09-13-2001, 10:10 PM
You should go through the FAQ section of this site. It has a wealth of articles on the proper steps to a great swirl free finish. The short answer is Yes, you should wash with Dawn first, then apply your swirl remover, then a wax of your choice. The amount of work you put in should depend on the results you are after. If you`re only trying to get your daily driver up to par, it will take a lot less work than if you plan on showing the car.

Only you can answer that question. I`ve gotten to the point where I work on mine almost every day for a liitle while. Yea I know, I`m obsessed. Probably should just get in it and drive it instead, but there`s nothing prettier than a shinny black car!:D

jpd1228
09-13-2001, 10:16 PM
Well if I am correct I would recommend this product:

3M Perfect-It II Rubbing Compound (part no# 39002)

A yellow application pad

imported_Luster
12-16-2009, 08:46 PM
After a "conventional" 2-bucket wash, what method do you use for drying your vehicle?

Please vote in poll!:cornut:

Old Pirate
12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
A leaf Blower and my Big Blue Towel.

imported_Luster
12-16-2009, 08:51 PM

Poll`s up now, and I allowed multiple choice!

imported_broker99
12-16-2009, 09:15 PM
waffle towel mostly

imported_Roadrunner
12-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Good post Bill...:Christmas Hat:

I use compressed air, followed by a fluffy towel or two. If I`m claying I just leave it wet and hit it with QD after blowing the water out of the seams/wheels etc.
If I`m doing an "on site" detail I bring a blower with me. The compressor`s a little hard to fit in my Ford Ranger, lol!:w00t:

I always put a little ONR (half an ounce) in the wash bucket(s)... makes drying SO nice.:)

thecarter13
12-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Same pretty much for me but I use that sheeting technique also and that helps a lot (IMO). Sometimes I use my little vacuum and plug it into the reverse side and it can be easier to use then the leaf blow at times.

Tuck91
12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
I like using Meguiars Water Magnets, I usually use two or three. I also like to use compressed air when drying a motorcycle.

imported_BretFraz
12-16-2009, 10:25 PM
I don`t see a choice for "Hot Lapping Atlanta Motor Speedway". ;)

theisab
12-16-2009, 10:51 PM
I have a CR Spotless deionized water system. Wash using the two bucket/grit guard technique, rinse with distilled water and let it dry. No spots and, even better, no swirls from drying. Also cuts about 20 minutes off the job.

bmw5541
12-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I love my Toro Leaf Blower and a WW. It`s funny though. My neighbors always give me strange looks when they see me drying my car with a leaf blower:out:

imported_Luster
12-16-2009, 11:29 PM
I love my Toro Leaf Blower and a WW. It`s funny though. My neighbors always give me strange looks when they see me drying my car with a leaf blower:out:

Haha!!! I have one neighbor... (we`ll call him `Dave`)... and whenever I do ANYTHING, `Dave`, he`s always shaking his head! LOL (I love it!):wink:

imported_Luster
12-17-2009, 10:38 AM
I`m kind of surprised that no one uses a REAL chamois!:doh: