PDA

View Full Version : Here`s a Good Deal!

Pages : [1] 2

Firescooby
09-13-2001, 08:40 PM
I have an absorber that I have been using for about a month or so. I have been storing it damp in the container. The label came off the first time and I was wondering if there is a way to clean it? It kinda smells like mildew.

offcenter
09-13-2001, 10:30 PM
Put it in the washing machine, no fabric softener, just mild soap and do not put it in the dryer.

69-912
09-13-2001, 10:47 PM
I usually toss mine in the washing machine, I don`t use any soap but use hot water. When done let air dry and it works like new!

You can toss the container in there to but make sure the water isn`t to hot for it.

Jngrbrdman
09-14-2001, 03:09 AM
At the car wash I go to they have a sink and wringer outside. I wash it under the faucet and then put it through the wringer a couple of times. It works pretty well. The washing machine is how I get it really clean though. The wringer only works for the temporary clean sometimes.

Greek Guy
09-14-2001, 03:13 PM
I wash mine weekly in the washing machine with tide then it`s stored back into it`s container.

Anna
09-16-2001, 01:11 AM
I have a Absorber that is about a year old. I use it on 3 to 4 cars a day. It doesn`t smell and looks good still.

The best way to clean your Absorber is to lay it down on a clean surface and spray it down with a high pressure washer and rinse it in hot water. You will see it lighten up when all the dirt is removed. Make sure that you wringe it out good and store it in its container.

I have never machine washed my Absorber because the method I have described works well.

PassatPunk
09-16-2001, 04:28 PM
Mom washed this for me one day. Unknowingly. Was a good thing cause it was stinking really bad. I think the stink is just something you will have. But she ended up putting it in the dryer. It was extremely brittle. I was freaking. But ended up, with just a quick rinse down with water rehydrated it. Despite the dryer experience it works just as good as it did before.

Try to avoid the dryer nonetheless. I am sure soap was used in the cleaning. Despite both of these no-no`s, it still works fine.

Welcome back.

PassatPunk.

imported_Luster
12-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Wal-Mart has the 5-Quart Jug of Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil (in several different viscosities) for $21.84.:biggrin: That`s $4.37 per quart! Most auto parts stores sell the 5-quart for around $30 and the quarts for $7.00. :out:

imported_Luster
12-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Here`s another good deal: LA`s Totally Awesome Cleaner - Dollar Tree - ONE DOLLAR!!!!

gmblack3
12-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Bill, Great deal they have, I think the EP is approx $26.

I think it was Advanced who had 5 qts of castrol syntec for $25 w a pure one or somekind of decent filter. Then they had a $15 MIR and $10 off $25 coupon. Total price was a few dollars in tax. I got the 0w-30 castrol which is referred to as German castrol or GC.

Advanced or Autozone will sometimes have 5 qts of the M1 EP for $30-35 with a M1 filter. The filter is usually $10-12.

Bret knows all of the oil deals.

imported_gewb
12-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Not a bad deal but my private strategic oil reserve still has over 80 quarts...so I`ll pass.

I used to drive 1,000 miles a week but that ended last spring - AFTER I had purchased enough oil to last 100k miles, to the anticipated end of our contract but it ended early. Now I change oil twice a year and my Sonata turned into a garage queen.

Regards,
GEWB

Old Pirate
12-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Great deal for sure, might have to stop by the Dollar Tree...

imported_Luster
12-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Great deal for sure, might have to stop by the Dollar Tree...

I usually stop by Dollar Tree once a week. They have LA`s Totally Awesome about every 4-5 weeks! So you have to get lucky!:cornut:

imported_ZimRandy
12-16-2009, 11:59 PM
I always get wierd looks when people see a cart full of Mobil 1 jugs. I used to really go through it when the wife and I drove a lot. Now, I can by a couple jugs when they are on sale and it lasts until the next sale.

Thanks for the tip. I think I need to put a few more on the shelf.

Randy

imported_RaskyR1
12-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Just did my oil change last week with Mobil 1. I went to wally world after seeing the commercial on TV...crazy how much cheaper it is there! :Dancing Dot: