PDA

View Full Version : Has made the rounds? (BMW 60,000mi oil change)

Lowejackson
09-13-2001, 02:22 PM
In the UK we still have a problem with Foot & Mouth disease, today whilst driving I went through 2 car washes of disinfectant, which invloves 2 men with high pressure washes spraying the entire car with disinfectant.

I have just washed and cleaned the car with Autoglym polish, gloss and Blitz wax, would I need to do the entire car again?

I do not object to the use of disinfectant as Foot and Mouth has been very bad in this part of the UK (Cumbria). But what would this stuff do to paint?

Steven

Alfa 164

Cybercowboy
09-13-2001, 02:36 PM
You can see if all the wax was washed off the car by getting an area of the hood (for instance) wet and then rub your finger on it. If it squeaks, the wax is gone. Just wash the car with regular car shampoo and re-wax as if you were starting over.

YoSteve
09-13-2001, 05:53 PM
added note: rubbing alcohol may be effective in disinfecting on the inside of your car, ie dash, plastic, etc.

ask them what it is? if they know :)

JasonC8301
09-13-2001, 11:47 PM
Just wash and re-wax, unless they use some really strong stuff.

Wonder how all the Ferraris ar doing with this issue of disinfecting.

mikeyg402
12-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Just 1 can of sea foam should get all of that out!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1281659

Oh boy..... Anyone ever seen a motor that BAD?

:eek::eek::mad:

Ok well I had a beater once, 95 G marquis. I let it go 18K between oil changes :huh: Yeah I know dumb, but it was all highway miles and when I drained it, it was all good, it was almost see through still! But that above is rediculous!!!!! I think its nuts these new car manufactures suggest 15-20K between oil changes. No WAY would I let my brand new Mercedes that cost 60,000+++ go that long between oil changes, or just do it once a year. Im a 3500-4000 at most kinda guy. My truck is pushing 4,000 right now and Im getting ancy, I am having work do it today though :clap: Cant beat a $10 oil change. I cant even do it that cheap myself.

What are your thoughts on the above car?!?! :(

imported_Flash Gordon
12-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Dude said he was scared and wanted his mommy...and drives a beemer :cool:

Seafoam works great if you have a lil lifter tick. Also good to run thru your fuel system :wizard:

As for going 40,000- 60,000 between oil changes....:rolleyes:

*** If you do decide to run seafoam thru your crankcase. Please have a video camera and post it on youtube :w00t:

imported_Luster
12-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I`ve seen backed up toilets that looked better than that! !@#$%^&*!

I didn`t read the entire thread, but my question has to be "Why?????" Why and how could anyone be so stupid as to let their vehicle get into that condition? I just don`t get it.:out:

imported_broker99
12-16-2009, 09:53 PM
WOW what a mess.

I am with you Bill I dont get why people dont take care of their cars.

Puckman
12-17-2009, 07:23 AM
That`s amazing. How many times has Joe Mechanic seen that on mommy`s ride? (Sorry if that sounds sexist and this guy was a male BMW owner. Oh the horror).

BMW North America should personnaly go to that guys house and rip that thing out of his hands. Good thing he has an obliging friend.

imported_Jokeman
12-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Dang thats a mess. I pulled my truck motor with 140k on it that had mobil1 changes every 3k. It was spotless inside. We did a set of heads on my buddies camaro that has 45k on it. He used castrol GTX in it every 3-4k and the inside of the motor was disgusting. I swear by Mobil1 and will use it for as long as I can.