PDA

View Full Version : PolyCharger...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

edgewise
09-13-2001, 11:18 AM
I`ve been using this method for years now, Vinegar, water, and newspaper. Sounds silly doesn`t it? However, the carbon in the news print will make your windows crystal clear...anyone else do this?

spartacus_33
09-13-2001, 02:50 PM
I tried the suggestion of others on this site. Distilled water ,vin,& iso prop alc. The best I`ve seen yet.

YoSteve
09-13-2001, 05:44 PM
many of us have very clean windows all the time

that is we only have to maintain the usually clean window, not cut through the crud like the first time you clean a window that hasn`t been cleaned all year

so after you use the preffered home brew to get all the junk off, I recommend you take a drop of AIO on an applicator get it wet and do all the windows real good an then all you have to do is finish up with a miracle towel to a perfect shine (use one that doesn`t lint :) ) and after you do that once or twice you only need water and a miracle towel to clean the window for maintenance cause of the acrylic protection (AIO also provides beading, without the haze, and the messing up of your wipers).

ISLANDSBEST
09-14-2001, 03:05 AM
Yo Steve`s ideas are good. One addition. If you make sure to use distilled water, if you miss drying in a few places you will have fewer problems with water spots.

YoSteve
09-14-2001, 06:03 PM
I keep my distilled water in a fancy aluminum sprayer; it matches my car :D

ALM
09-14-2001, 07:30 PM
I too use AIO on my windows, and it works just as well as Rain-X without the hazing.

I also just tried Stoner Invisible Glass tonight and it worked great!!

imported_Luster
12-15-2009, 07:54 PM
The first bottle of Blackfire Wet Diamond I purchased had a little sticker on top that said: "Boosted with PolyCharger!"

Used up that bottle.

My second bottle didn`t have that label. I haven`t seen any difference in the application, removal, shine, depth, durablilty, or any other category you can think of.

1. What is Poly Charger?
2. What`s it`s purpose?
3. Does it work? (Whatever it`s supposed to do!)

These are things I`m willing to get to the bottom of.

The PolyCharger website claims increased slickness and shine. True or False?

Old Pirate
12-15-2009, 08:23 PM
The first bottle of Blackfire Wet Diamond I purchased had a little sticker on top that said: "Boosted with PolyCharger!"

Used up that bottle.

My second bottle didn`t have that label. I haven`t seen any difference in the application, removal, shine, depth, durablilty, or any other category you can think of.

1. What is Poly Charger?
2. What`s it`s purpose?
3. Does it work? (Whatever it`s supposed to do!)

These are things I`m willing to get to the bottom of.

The PolyCharger website claims increased slickness and shine. True or False?

This should help answer some of the questions for you Luster.

Polycharger is the world`s first and only Wax Booster. When you have Polycharger mixed with your favorite wax or sealant, the ordinary becomes extraordinary.
Polycharger is not a wax or sealant itself, but a polymer additive for liquid waxes, sealants, and detailing sprays. No matter how good a liquid wax or sealant is by itself, Polycharger makes it last longer, improves its protective qualities and enhances the shine.

And also your bottle of BFWD always has Polycharger in it. Maybe your little sticker fell off from your BFWD during transit. And yes if you noticed your BFWD is very slick then thats the Polycharger doing it`s job. Hope this helps you out Bill.

imported_Luster
12-15-2009, 08:38 PM
^^^ Thanks Angelo! Good to know that BFWD has the good stuff in it!!!:clap::biggrin:

Old Pirate
12-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Your welcome Bill.

Tuck91
12-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow, that sounds pretty cool actually. I didnt know what it was until now. I heard the term being tossed around before though.

imported_Luster
12-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Wow, that sounds pretty cool actually. I didnt know what it was until now. I heard the term being tossed around before though.

I have to be honest. I really thought it was all hype, like so many other products out there! Evididently not!!!!:)

TOGWT
12-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Polycharger Additive - all modern car waxes and paint sealants use polymer technology for shine and protection. Polymers are long molecules capable of interlinking to form a mesh type matrix. This interlocking capability (molecular bonding) cross-linking, is what gives polymers their strength and durability, most waxes do not fully cross-link with the paint film surface.

A Polycharger additive is both a polymer booster and accelerant; the booster component adds two polymers designed for high temperature and high corrosive environments. When introduced to oxygen, the accelerant hyper-activates polymers in their liquid state, forcing cross-linking to begin immediately.

There are two different formulations; Polycharger CH2 for solvent-based liquid waxes and Polycharger H2O for water-based liquid wax products (including most QD sprays).

Old Pirate
12-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Here is more information on PolyCharger Luster.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/classic-motoring_2083_8805549.gif

Polycharger CH2 is the Wax Booster prescription for solvent based liquid waxes and sealants. Mix this with your favorite wax or sealant for a longer lasting, more durable protective finish. Polycharger effectively increases protection by 400% or more. When properly maintained by regular washing, paint protected by Polycharger boosted car was or sealant will retain their shine and protection for twenty weeks or more. This Polycharger CH2 Kit comes with enough additive for 25 - 30 treatments.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/classic-motoring_2083_8819629.gif

Adding Polycharger H2O to your favorite detailing spray boosts it to liquid wax status. With a quick spray and wipe, you will restore full protection to your wax whether you have previously boosted wax on your car or not.
Mix this with your favorite water-based wax or sealant for a longer lasting, more durable protective finish. Polycharger H2O mixes with most boutique waxes and sealants as well as over-the-counter products. This Polycharger H2O Kit comes with enough additive to boost up to 1 gallon of detail spray or 25 oz. of liquid wax or sealant

imported_Luster
12-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks Angelo. Very helpful!:biggrin: