PDA

View Full Version : How do you like Menzerna FMJ?

Brad B
09-12-2001, 09:06 AM
I spent the evening with a lot of nervous energy and butterflys in my stomach. The World Trade Center tragedy is hard to comprehend.

I spent a couple hours out in the garage listening to the TV reports of the horrible event while fiddling with my cars just to keep myself busy.

One the positive side, I had my first chance to dip into my latest shipment of goods from CMA. I have heard of Black Again vinyl and rubber restorer but never really thought it would be of use to me since most of my cars are either new or pretty well restored.

I was quite suprised that Black Again did a wonderful job of "blackening" many pieces of plastic on the Porsche. It gave me the best sheen of anything I have tried. Very dark, rich and even.

I also used it on the windshield rubber trim on the Jag with the same results. I can`t wait to see how long it lasts!:up

bmerjorge21
09-12-2001, 10:00 AM
I`m surprised to hear you like the re-formulated version Brad!! I have the original vesion, but have seldom used it. But if you give it the o.k. then it must be good!!:bounce

Don2000g
09-13-2001, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the news Brad. I, too, wasn`t too interested in trying the reforumulated product. Kindly let us know when you can about the durability of that product. I kind of wish you could have applied that product to something other than one of your prized garaged vehicles. I`d be curious to know how long it holds up well on a daily driver that is normally parked outside. Laters.

yonghyun
09-13-2001, 02:38 PM
i have a product made by Mothers called Back to Black and have been satisfied with this. what is the difference between the mother`s product and this new product black again???

Brad B
09-13-2001, 02:41 PM
If I remember right, the Back to Black is actually a die, of sorts. Black Again is just a dressing.

Anybody? Correct me if I am wrong.

bmerjorge21
09-13-2001, 02:56 PM
100% correct Brad!!!:up :up I should note that this is typically the case with Brad!! LOL!!:D The Mother`s and Black Again are similar products. Haven`t used either in a while, so I won`t comment.

Cleaning Fool
12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Looks seem to get praised, slickness second to none, but durability not very good. Your thoughts?

imported_wfedwar
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I used it one time and had the same thoughts you just outlined. My recollection is it`s like BFWD without the durability.

imported_firebird
12-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I love BFWD but never used FMJ. What do you guys consider acceptable durability especially through a winter? 3 mos? 6 mos (i.e. all winter?). I have 1 layer of PB EXP
(before I switched to BFWD) then did an IPA wipedown then topped with BFWD. Did that in Oct and is beading like crazy. I have a feeling it will last through May.

Todd@RUPES
12-13-2009, 09:15 AM
FMJ may have a slightly `glossier` look then BFWD, although I honestly cannot tell much of a difference.

I am so `over the moon` with BFWD that I rarely reach for FMJ, although it still sells in large quanites and has a large following.

Justin Murphy
12-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I did use FMJ a couple of times but this was on vehicles I never saw again. It was amazingly soft and slick with a ton of gloss. I then later heard it was low on durability.

Is this really true? I have some left so I need to know before I use again?

imported_glfahlc
12-13-2009, 01:30 PM
i use it on my truck and the gloss is fantastic. as far as durability, i couldn`t tell you cuz i haven`t let one coat stay on long enuff without putting another on top..