PDA

View Full Version : who`s got the thickest

Pages : [1] 2

Rob Howard
09-11-2001, 06:54 AM
Of course, I z-1 the car, then z-5. Then about 2 days later i applied z-2. Now, i had about 6 coats of z-2 on the car until i recently z-1`d the car and applied z-2 directly over it and buffed it off. The finish is even more awesome. I thought it could not get any better than it already was. It is very good advice from Sal and DK about z-1`ing your car after 7-10 coats of z-2 or z-5. Note, my car was already in perfect shape because of my washing techniques and it is only 6 months old but I have to say that using z-1 after 7-10 coats of z-2 or z-5 will bring out your car even more. Man, I am just getting impressed with zaino each week! No turning back. I now use my Klasse and Pinnacle products on my wife`s new truck! (she won`t know!)

imported_glfahlc
12-11-2009, 04:37 PM
i`m in search of the thickest and fluffiest m/f towel out there. kinda leaning to the sasquatch towels at chemical guys. anybody else i should consider. holla

imported_Luster
12-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I really like the Chemical Guys Fluffers. Very SOFT! I haven`t tried the Sasquatch, but it sounds big and furry!:rofl::rockon:

imported_Luster
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Check these out! (pic below) I got them as free samples from Tony L. at Zaino. He gave them to me when they were testing microfiber towels to sell at their website.

That blue one is extremely thick and soft, but I`ve never seen any other one like it anywhere. I`d like to have about 200 of those!!!

The towels that Zaino sells are not that thick, but they are extremely soft.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/2000_TA_WS9/IMG_1736.jpg

Street Dreams
12-11-2009, 05:30 PM
i`m in search of the thickest and fluffiest m/f towel out there. kinda leaning to the sasquatch towels at chemical guys. anybody else i should consider. holla

Personally I have no use for a super thick MF. I find they really just aren`t usable on a detail. For polishing stages I only use smooth MF which are most all thin and edgeless or silk edged which I find are best for buffing off polish because they grab well and glide. Pretty much all other stages I find work better with a thin, smooth type of MF that really glides well on the surface.

The think the super dooper plush MF lately are really not absorbent and streak with water and can get grabby on paint. I know a general consensus may be the thicker or more plush, the better on paint but I find the opposite. The more smooth gliding the towel the better, less friction is the key for me. Plus the smooth thinner towels are far more absorbent than the 80,000,000 gram towels out now. I wont use anything past the 530gram ones for like a final wipedown.

Just my 2cents.

imported_RaskyR1
12-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Personally I have no use for a super thick MF. I find they really just aren`t usable on a detail. For polishing stages I only use smooth MF which are most all thin and edgeless or silk edged which I find are best for buffing off polish because they grab well and glide. Pretty much all other stages I find work better with a thin, smooth type of MF that really glides well on the surface.

The think the super dooper plush MF lately are really not absorbent and streak with water and can get grabby on paint. I know a general consensus may be the thicker or more plush, the better on paint but I find the opposite. The more smooth gliding the towel the better, less friction is the key for me. Plus the smooth thinner towels are far more absorbent than the 80,000,000 gram towels out now. I wont use anything past the 530gram ones for like a final wipedown.

Just my 2cents.

I agree.

I just find them very hard to work with.

imported_Luster
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
As for the super thick MF`s, I use them only for applying QD (normally Z8) to clean, sealed paint.

As David stated, they are not super absorbant, and I`ve found that most of the product goes on the paint rather than "in" the microfiber.

I mostly use the Fluffer towels from Chem Guys for sealant removal. They have a fairly shorty nap which picks up the sealant residue perfectly.

imported_glfahlc
12-11-2009, 07:59 PM

Just my 2cents.

thats strange dreams cuz i got these lime green plush towels from a/g i believe and with the onr they seem to do better at wiping it dry than my BB2. thats why i was asking about plush mf cuz i have pretty good success with the aforementioned and soaking up water. sorry the BB waffle weave doesn`t do it for me. i may be using it wrong but it seems to spead the water around as opposed to soaking it up.

xconwrathx
12-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I have a bunch of the Cobra Shamrocks, they`re pretty good, but it is true that lint for quite a white (about 10-12 washes before they stop). I prefer a shorter nap cloth for anything except LSP removal. I mainly use them if I`m doing a QD/ONR wipedown on a dustry car.

imported_Flash Gordon
12-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Well Guys, I didn`t wanna let the cat out of the bag yet, But I got my wife a Snuggie and I think she has about already grown tired of it.

I`ve aready done the C-D scratch test with great results. So I`m thinking, what if you put this thing on and just get a good running start and slide across your bonets

imported_Roadrunner
12-12-2009, 11:20 AM

Just my 2cents.

That all makes good sense... thanks!:clap:

What brand is your fave, if you don`t mind telling us?

imported_Blackfire
12-12-2009, 01:11 PM

Just my 2cents.

I agree! The plush ones always leave water streaks on the exterior glass after a wash and wipe down.

The plush ones are nice to hold, but are not practical (IMO)for most detail applications.

I tried washing my SUV with a plush towel once. It was like using a winter coat soaked in water. :wink:

imported_Bunky
12-13-2009, 07:29 AM
I like short nap tpwels like Meg`s Supreme (have several brands) for most everything especially polish/wax and on glass.
I do use a longer nap one with ONR washing at times.

The problem I have seen with the longer nap ones with something that is wet (detailer, etc) is that they streak some. If you just spray and wipe, the towel does not spread very well but rather starts absorbing the liquid unevenly so it streaks until you get a new towel to wipe again.

It seems like the towel needs to be very slightly evenly damp otherwise it takes time for it to "prime".

Todd@RUPES
12-13-2009, 09:49 AM
I am often surprised by the love that super plush towels get. Generally they offer no performance benefit and tend to lint very bad. Besides feeling nice I am curious as to why people seem to love them?

For removing polishing and even waxes I would figure you would want a shorter nap that increases the mechanical action of the towel, allowing for residue removal.

bmw5541
12-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I also agree that the plush MF towels are not ideal to use during a detail. They really tend to streak. I only use them for a light dusting.