PDA

View Full Version : The Joy of "Salt Brine"!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

SuperBee364
09-10-2001, 07:52 PM
Hi,

My names CHEVYZ71 and I`m addicted to Zaino. It`s been 3 weeks since my last application. Before that I have applied a coat a week and need some help in quitting. (It takes me a few hours to apply, my truck is basically large) LOL Seriously though, tonight I parked my truck under some florescent lights and walked into a store. When I was walking back to the truck I got goose bumps. It was literally blinding. I`m giddy just thinking about it. My truck shines and looks better than 99% of the new vehicles on dealers lots. That`s not opinion that`s fact. Wish I had a digital camera so you guys/gals could go oh my god...

It`s so darn easy to apply I just want to apply more and more and more. But my neighbors probably already think I have obsessive compulsive disorder. What should I do? Spray paint my garage windows black and go at it?! LOL

I have tried every wax on the market over my x amount of years and nothing at all comes near this product in ease of use or glowability.

Is there a support group I can join.

:rolleyes:

FastHappy
09-10-2001, 08:18 PM
chevyz71,

you have found your support group my freind. don`t worry about those neighbors either;)

i have a 98` gmc z71. it is extended cab and loaded. the best truck i have ever owned.

What color is yours? i`d love to see some pics of it.

Don2000g
09-10-2001, 09:00 PM
Tim, the Klasse looks very nice on your truck. As the Don-appointed "Klasse man", I was hoping you could give some tips as many of the members have been fretting about your great ability and know-how with Klasse. Any tips that you can share with the many good folks here. Thanks and laters.

FastHappy
09-10-2001, 09:09 PM
hey don,

how`s it going buddy?

no secrets really. i`ve just been applying heavy enough to dry to a haze, allow about an hour to dry and 24 hours before layering. i don`t use a carnuba topper i just keep adding layers of SG. it does seem to get better and better with each layer. this is a pretty old pic of my truck but that is k on the front fender.

after seeing hooks car i think you should be asking him for tips:D

hook and i can sell you some of that KY water if you want as well;)

Don2000g
09-10-2001, 09:17 PM
There might be a good market for that Kentucky water. Hehe! Tim, trust me, you are the Klasse man. Your Volvo and an older pic of your black truck (maybe a year ago or so) was awesome! I still remember that old pic of your Chevy pickup. It hadn`t been washed in ages and was always at the construction sites gathering up dust and little knicks here and there. Well after your wash and detailing, it looked better than showroom. Laters buddy.

FastHappy
09-10-2001, 09:23 PM
hey don,

here is my favorite shot. i know i`ve posted it before but it really shows how good the paint is.

SuperBee364
09-10-2001, 09:36 PM
Mine is a 01 extended cab Pewter Metallic. Loaded as well. However before I brought it home, the dealer must have applied a wax on it cuz although it was semi shiney and clean, it didn`t POP. Well, after a good ol fashioned dawning, a whole lot of claying, and a bottle er two of Z2 the color is so crisp you can see each and every metallic flake. Really! Under flourescent lights the color looks like rattle can silver because of the metallic paint and zaino clarity. However at sunset, sunrise or under incondescent lighting the edges look like honey. It truely is remarkable. I`ll go get a throw away camera tomorrow and have ol wally world slap the roll onto a host site for me. Oh and lets not forget the Eimann Fabrik Hi Intensity cleaner I use on the tires, and the 303 I use on the dash. Good products = great results.

:)

FastHappy
09-10-2001, 09:41 PM
hey it`s good to have some other truck owners on here, there is just a few of us, hehehe.

EF-HI is great stuff, that is a bottle of it next to my truck in the picture btw.

trucks are a big job but worth it.

hook
09-10-2001, 09:43 PM
We agreed not to tell them about the huge difference the water here makes!

:eek:

Cybercowboy
09-10-2001, 09:49 PM
I too have been caught off guard by the Zaino glow. It is a very, very nice feeling! Especially after all the time and effort (not necessarily the Zaino but all the other stuff!)

I am seriously addicted. I am also a rabid carrier of the disease.

SuperBee364
09-10-2001, 09:51 PM
Yeah I didn`t know if I should post here or not. Seems like it`s a beemer board not too much of a pickemup truck land yacht board. But I figured hey I blew some wad on a new vehicle that I like a lot and I use zaino so hey, make some friends.
Your hood looks most excellent. I don`t know what you use but that`s how mine looks. Clear and crisp and ahhhhhh insipiring. If you ever have a truck problem check out this site. It`s like having a ton of mechanics at your fingertips.
http://209.35.112.209/performance/discussion.html (`http://209.35.112.209/performance/discussion.html`)

FastHappy
09-10-2001, 10:13 PM
thanks for the link i appreciate it.

there are some other truck owners here too, like Jav who has a big ol` F250, now that`s a truck!!

I have an Explorer and a Volvo Wagon too so I have a lot of metal to take car of.

Koyaanisqatsi
09-10-2001, 10:28 PM
And now have a Ford Ranger (check link below) Funny my Chevy had the worst paint I ever experienced. One of the reasons I picked a Ford this time around. Of course it was a 1990 and one of the primerless paint recipients. Missed the silent recall by 3 months to have it repainted. Oh well it ran great. Nice to have other truck detailers here.

SuperBee364
09-10-2001, 10:37 PM
if I do say so myself. hehe Pewter isn`t one of those mind blowing colors but looks good dirty (sin) and looks great clean. That`s why I bought one too. hehe I had a gm car that had that same paint problem you are talking about. First a little chip, then a little flake, purdy soon your doin the gm paint shake. They fixed that problem thank goodness.

Preach on fellow truck family members.

:p

Don2000g
09-13-2001, 10:23 AM
Awesome pic Tim (Snake for those of you who are new here.)