PDA

View Full Version : Black car - options??

CobraKyle
04-02-2004, 05:02 PM
I`ve been reading and learning for a while here and its time for action. I have a new (to me) 1998 Black Mustang GT. The car came with many paint imperfections. I`d like to make the car look as good as possible (so when you look at it in the sun, you only see the sun and the surrondings in the paint, not the paint problems). I already have SSR2, PP, claybar, and the zaino system. I plan to buy a pc this weekend and possibly some other products.

Can I use the SSR2, then PP, then NXT? Or would I be better off with something else?

I promise to take some b4 and after shots!

fireman03
04-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Here`s what I would do.

Wash
Clay
SSR2
PP
SSR1
EX
Souveran or p21s

Poorboy
04-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I think that sounds like a good plan Kyle...save the Z for a better painted vehicle, but I`ve seen many people get good results with the combo you have listed as long as the prep is done well:D

HiSurfTension
04-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Ok. I need to further my education (again). I`m trying set out a plan for my black 1995 truck.
Why the order SSR2, PP, SSR1? (and not SSR2, SSR1, PP...) :confused
Also, I`ve got PwC. Will that function like PP or does the Carnuaba change where you`d put it into your process?

Poorboy
04-02-2004, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HiSurfTension
[B]Ok. I need to further my education (again). I`m trying set out a plan for my black 1995 truck.
Why the order SSR2, PP, SSR1? (and not SSR2, SSR1, PP...) :confused:

Natty was the first observe a better glow to the finish if SSR1 was used after the PP....the PP cleans the paint and the SSR1 brightens it...

[Quote]
Also, I`ve got PwC. Will that function like PP or does the Carnuaba change where you`d put it into your process? [/B

no in that case you would use the SSR1 before the PwC

in either case it will look great:bigups

Nickc0844
04-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Along those lines, I`ve observed that I get a more "clear" look with PP, and SSR1 will give me a more "wet" look. Basically, I use PP on light colored cars, and SSR1 on something I want to make look like a pool :)