PDA

View Full Version : questions on a black 05 Dodge Magnum

mx5
09-10-2001, 07:13 AM
I saw some new Professional Detailing Cloths from Turtle Wax at the store for only 2.99. They are microfiber towels and feel the same as any other microfiber towel I have purchased. I am guessing they are new because there is nothing on their website about them yet. Has anyone tried them? Why spend 7-15 dollars for the same type of towel if these are just as good? Maybe since microfiber towels are becoming so popular the prices are coming down.

imported_Blake
09-10-2001, 07:25 PM
They are good (especially for the price). I was advised of these about 6 weeks ago via a thread on this forum. I think Matt Mold started it. The towells work very good.

hook
09-10-2001, 09:15 PM
Here`s the link to the thread for the review of these towels. Also, I still use them and have not not yet seen any evidence of marring as a result.

They don`t wear as well as the real MT, though...maybe I need to go update the review on "durability". They just start to get thinner faster.

blue skies,
Andy

http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=2339&highlight=turtle+towel (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=2339&highlight=turtle+towel`)

imported_Tuscarora Dave
12-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Good evening all, I just booked an estimate for tomorrow night for a full correction on a black 05 Dodge Magnum. I want to be as prepared as posible for this estimate. The perspective client is the house keeper of one of my best clients. I intend to do a test area on this car tomorrow and I will be prepared for nearly anything as this car is discribed as pretty scratched up.

The purpose of this thread is to ask the detailing community here for any experience/knowlege of this particular car. Is the clear hard or soft, is the paint on these cars known to be thin or do they seem to have a tough finish that will afford some serious correction. Are there any tips or warnings as to tricky to polish panels or unusually thin areas? Have any of you experienced any unseen pitfalls with this perticular car or this particular paint.

Thanks in advance for any insight or experience that any of you may share. I intend on using a rotary and Poorboy`s World SSR line on this car, followed by a coat of PB EXP pure sealant and a coat of Natty`s Blue paste wax.

Leadfootluke
12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
I want to hear some answers as well. We have our 2005 Magnum waiting to be detailed. I have not been able to do it as the weather went from 60`s to 20`s in about 1 day. It will probably be detailed in a heated building at some point, but until then I hope someone has some answers to your questions.

imported_Tuscarora Dave
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks, It has gotten very cold here as well, in the high 20`s. Thankfully though my client who reffered this job to me has offered up his heated garage to work in.

xconwrathx
12-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I do not have any direct experience with these cars, but would suggest the time tested solution of testing small areas. Start with your least aggressive polish/pad combo to start and step up to more aggressive combinations until imperfections are removed, using a two or even three step process if necessary. Sorry for not being more directly helpful, but I prefer to form my own opinions about what is necessary to correct a vehicle than to trust another`s opinion on the matter.

EDIT: What pads do you have? SSR2 on a white LC wouldn`t be a bad place to start. You really shouldn`t need SSR3 for much else besides the most serious scratches.

imported_Tuscarora Dave
12-08-2009, 10:41 PM
I do not have any direct experience with these cars, but would suggest the time tested solution of testing small areas. Start with your least aggressive polish/pad combo to start and step up to more aggressive combinations until imperfections are removed, using a two or even three step process if necessary. Sorry for not being more directly helpful, but I prefer to form my own opinions about what is necessary to correct a vehicle than to trust another`s opinion on the matter.

EDIT: What pads do you have? SSR2 on a white LC wouldn`t be a bad place to start. You really shouldn`t need SSR3 for much else besides the most serious scratches.

I probably posted this more for enjoyment than anything as I will be able to judge the job in my test panel. I don`t have SSR3 but all the rest plus PP PWS
and various other polishes from Meg`s and 3M . I have 6" edge 2k yellow cutting, green medium cutting, orange light cutting, blue polish, white finish. LC wool cutting, LC wool finish and all the same in 4" cyclo pads can use on rotary as well as Cyclo. Your suggestion of SSR2 on finish pad is exactly what I was thinking to start, then if needed was thinking PP on more aggressive pad. I will have plenty of time to test and work on this car as I will have it for an entire weekend. Thanks for the reply.