PDA

View Full Version : Street Dreams: White Bentley GT correction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ULUA.LAWAIA
09-09-2001, 08:49 PM
I`m about to order some cotton polishing cloths from Griot`s Garage (www.griotsgarage.com), and thought I should pick up some of their other products as well. I hear a few people mention that they like Griot`s stuff, but never any specifics. Has anyone used their Speed Shine, Wheel Cleaner, and/or Carnauba Wax? How does it compare to the more popular products on this board, like Blitz for instance?

jkochis
09-09-2001, 09:06 PM
Do you go into Macy`s, put up a flyer to Lord & Taylor`s, then ask advice about the stuff sold at L&T? Oh, nevermind....

ULUA.LAWAIA
09-09-2001, 10:51 PM
I can see how you`d want to support CMA, but they don`t own this board, they`re just a sponsor. I don`t think it`s taboo to talk about other vendors, especially if the others carry products that we can`t get from CMA anyway. Don`t people here mention tacscar.com, kleanride.com, etc? Hell, even Zaino is not sold through CMA. God forbid this board should turn into a one-store-only forums like *cough* Autosupermart *cough*.

carljr1989
09-09-2001, 11:00 PM
I use the white MF towels for interior detailing & removing wax.
The rubber conditioner is similar to Zaino(low-gloss non-oily).

Hard to beat their lifetime warranty on all products.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/images/products/lg/11116_LG.jpg

rmccall6
09-09-2001, 11:08 PM
They offer some good stuff, but let your common sense prevail over their sometines rediculious marketing. I persomally use their clay (plyable, pretty-resistant to streaks, good price for 8oz), speed shine (back up QD, works good `cept for occasional streaks), and their interior cleaner (great stuff, simplifies and shortens everything by having one good cleaner to do it all). I have used their best of show wax and was happy with the results, just not as clear or shiny as blitz, more of a softer, warmer look.

RedVR6
09-10-2001, 02:18 AM
I have been a Griot`s fan for quite some time. Started using their clay bar and Speedshine....an excellent pair...I eventually started buying other products such as the wheel Cleaner, car wash, tire dressing (my favorite of all I have tried!!) and few other odds and ends. I am more than thrilled with these products. Granted some of the products they offer are considerably more expensive than other distributors...like the PC or some of the products they resale under their name. But I enjoy looking thru their catalog and buying things from them and have never had a problem receiving products. I did however receive damaged goods last year...they replaced everything with no questions asked and overnighted the products to me.

This past X-mas, I received a total car care kit and it consists of just about every product they have to offer as far as detailing goes. I love all of it. One thing I am not overly keen on using on my paint are the cotton polish cloths...they seem a bit too course for my liking. So I use them for general cleaning under the hood, wiping my hands and around the house. The Boars Hair Brush I have too...I have been using that less and less recently though since I have been finding scratches on my girlfriend`s car when I had been using it.

I do buy quite a few things from CMA as well, since I like many of the products they offer. Overall, I don`t think you can go wrong with Griot`s.

HTH :)

ISLANDSBEST
09-10-2001, 02:47 AM
I had good service from them. And, the wheeled stool I bought was great.

Re polishing cloths. Go with either Fieldcrest Charisma (if you are looking for cotton cloths) or one of the MF brands recommended by the posters on this site.

Bob Post
09-10-2001, 06:14 AM
Griot`s stuff is for the "Garage Queen", as you may be able to tell from the site. (Extensive garage equipment) No polymer products so they tend to be "Old School" to me, but Old School in a bad way. The products they carry are "good", but you can get the same results from Meguires products for a lot less. Nothing really stands out as excellent.

cahlroach
09-10-2001, 08:46 AM
Until I found this site, I was a pretty loyal Griot`s user for several years. No complaints about there products and excellent customer service.

After coming to this site for several months, I have been slowly converted to 303, Blitz and now the Zaino line (great stuff).

The Griot`s products that I still use are vinyl protectant (nice low gloss), interior cleaner (amazing), clay bar (best I have tried so far) and wheel cleaner (very save, very good stuff).

Their car care chemicals are a little pricey, but generally not too bad, but some of there tools and other equipment are very high priced.

old_gonzo
09-10-2001, 09:22 AM
bobg -

You state that you really like the Griot`s interior cleaner. What have you used it on (type of material i.e. - vinyl, plastics,etc. / and type of stain or dirt). I am looking to clean scuff marks made by shoes off of black plastic. What do you think? Effective? :confused:

rmccall6
09-10-2001, 09:45 AM
Interior cleaner works great on all surfaces, i think it even cleans the leather better than Lexol. As for the scuffs, if they are bad, use EF-HI...what i did when the interior cleaner didn`t quite cut it. But yeah its a great product (re-bottled AutoGlym Interior shampoo?), that saves time and gets good results, (Griots and 303 on the leather gives me bettter results and protection than the lexol i have used)

old_gonzo
09-10-2001, 11:51 AM
Thank you for your response, Brad. I suppose it wouldn`t hurt to try the EF-HI first. Thanks again. :up

cahlroach
09-10-2001, 12:32 PM
I use it mostly on fabrics - the last time I took my Subaru to the shop for routine maintenance - a mechanic put greasy prints on the headliner - light grey. Sprayed the interior cleaner on it and the grease came right out.

I have also used it on the leather, but the leather in my S2000 doesn`t get dirty (it leads a charmed life).

On other peoples cars, I have used it on seats and carpet - once again - fantastic

I have not tried it on scuffs, but it should work pretty well as long as the scuff is not damage to the surface, only shoe polish or whatever on the surface.

old_gonzo
09-10-2001, 01:02 PM
Bobg -

Yes, they are just scuffs on the surface. With how low this car sits, it is difficult to not hit the door panel with your foot getting in and out. I have actually resorted to removing my left shoe when getting in and out in order to avoid the door panel. The crazy things we do!!:D

tom p.
09-10-2001, 01:19 PM
They are a very good company to do business with but so is CMA.

I still use regularly: Wheel cleaner, Speed Shine with their clay, and their #3 polish.

I have used many other Griot`s products over the years but the wheel cleaner is one of their best offerings. I was not real crazy about the Best of Show Wax...had a lot of trouble removing it.

I also bought a pack of the soft cotton towels...they are fine. I have acquired many of the specialty tools as well. They are of the highest quality.