PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on Griot`s Garage products?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mdporter
09-09-2001, 07:56 PM
This weekend I used my Bisell carpet cleaning machine on the interior of my fiancee`s 1987 Toyota Camry. Just wanted to let all of you know that I checked it out today after it dried and the thing looks brand new on the inside!

I used the Bisell "green" cleaning formula and warm water + about two hours of continuous work. The amount of dirt sucked up by the cleaner was impressively disgusting.

I was left with one stain the cleaner couldn`t get out... some makeup that had gotten into the cloth of the backseat in a spot. I was able to pull some of it off with the Bisell but the rest wouldn`t budge.

What can I use to get rid of the rest of the makeup?

--Mike

JasonC8301
09-09-2001, 08:05 PM
Good to hear your great results with the bissell. What Bissell cleaner was it? The portable hand held ones, or the bigger ones with rotating scrubber brushes?

Well for that one make up spot, try a spot remover made for cloth. Click on the banner on the top right of the site. It should go to Classic Motoring Accessories (CMA) Then click on interiors. There should be a few cleaners on that page. Eimann Fabrik Spot Remover, Stoner Xenit, and Eagle One Zap to name a few.

Happy detailing :)

Jason

mdporter
09-09-2001, 10:44 PM
I`ve got some stoner xenit already ordered and on the way, so I`ll try it first.

I have the Bissell big green, which is basically a shop vac with a pump for the cleaning solution. It does not have rotating brushes. I used the smaller attachments to be able to extract water from all the hard to get places in the car.

The Big Green is a great deal (about $120.00) and can be used for all kinds of stuff. My friends borrow it when they need to clean their carpets. The only drawback is that it is very noisy and requires the use of ear protection (earplugs or headsets).

JasonC8301
09-09-2001, 11:26 PM
I`ll try to find one on ebay for cheap or something, but probably not, I am going to try and get ahold of the deep cleaners with the scrubber brushes.

Hope you get that make up out!

Jason

ISLANDSBEST
09-10-2001, 02:42 AM
Dry cleaners have specific solvents for specific kinds of staining substances. And, they deal with tough stains all day long.

If I tough stain problem, I would go to my dry cleaner (I have been going to him for a long time, so I am sure he would help me out).

dave6
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I`m sure all of you get the catalogs, as I do, every month. I`ve tried some of their products (their interior cleaner, for example, which is good for spots on carpet), but am curious if anyone has tried their polishes and/or waxes....

imported_Tom
12-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I have used Griot`s products for quite a few years and have never been disappointed with either the products or customer service from this Company.

Both the machine and hand polish are very good, if you still use wax I can recommend `Best of Show`, and Griots wash has no equal.

Many years ago we bought the aluminum hose nozzel and it still gives perfect service, the any position oil cans, made in Gemany, are worth their weight in gold and I wish I had bought four more as they are not available any longer AND the dial tire pressure gauge, also made in Germany, is superb; when I worked for a business jet maint facility I brought it in to be checked against those used by the a&p boys it was spot on completely across the range.

We only returned one item, as I recall an automatic wire stripper grenaded about six months after I bought it-German also-and I called the company and had a new one the following day, no questions asked.

imported_glfahlc
12-07-2009, 06:12 PM
i have never used any of their waxes or anything but i did purchase a water deionizer from them this summer and it did all that they touted it would do as far as taking the hardness out of my water.

Puckman
12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I`ve received some Groit`s products as gifts over the years and have been pretty happy with the quality of the stuff (as mentioned above). I have never purchased directly from them though because I think they`re overpriced.

Old Pirate
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I`m sure all of you get the catalogs, as I do, every month. I`ve tried some of their products (their interior cleaner, for example, which is good for spots on carpet), but am curious if anyone has tried their polishes and/or waxes....

Hello dave06

Nice first post there. But I was wondering why you never introduce yourself first before post about someone else`s product. As for that product line, it never got my approve years back because like Puckman said ( too overprice ) and the few ones that I did try, It didn`t meet my expectations at the time.
Like I always say, Welcome to TID.......................Angelo

imported_Tom
12-08-2009, 11:00 AM
With regard to the Company being discussed; by far, the most often cited example that I have heard is `Fire hose` nozzel A and `Fire hose` nozzel B (fill in your own brand) and the discussion usually goes something like this:

"Yeah, that Smiots nozzel is outrageous, over $80.00- why I can get the exact same thing for $30.00 at Car Dork-Smiots really sucks...."

So, I usually counter with the fact that the price differenct is justified by the fact that one is American made and all the others are Chinese-then all heck generally breaks loose with a dozen or so mutant topics being introduced.

The only product I purchase on a regular basis from Griots-99% of all my car care stuff is bought from PAC- is the car wash, and yes at roughly $40/gallon you could say it is `expensive` but for me it is the only wash I will use and I started using it because it was the ONLY wash I found at the time which did NOT come with a skin contact warning, seriously.

What I discovered is that this product, along with everything else they sold, is/was astounding and I have used the wash ever since, in terms of lubricity, sudsing and cleaning Griots wash is the finest I have ever used-it will remove tar when used full strength, plus a gallon will last me all year doing a Subaru, Chev truck and 24` rv, and I was alot.

Many people don`t realize that Griots for many years, not certain know about now, formulated alot of their own chemical products and did very, very well with them.

From car soap to Italian service jacks to German tools of numerous types this firm was neat to do business with but that was then and this is now and everything changes to some degree or another.

Wish I could buy the car wash here.....

Forgot, as I recall Griots was the first `detail supply firm` to start taking about the beloved Porter Cable jiggler..

Husker Z
12-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I`ve used a variety of their products, the tire dye, the interior cleaner (both carpet and dash/vinyl), the wheel cleaner, the leather cleaner spray and I also have their machine polish #3, #4 and the best of show wax along with their car wash and foamer.

I think overall they have some quality products, although not really blown away with any of them with exception of the car wash and foamer combo, I love that thing.

The best of show wax is okay, but I found it extremely hard to get off for some reason, maybe I used too much, I don`t know. I liked the dash/vinyl cleaner, I like the way it leaves a nice soft matte finish. The tire dye is not my thing, I don`t mind the finish, but I hate the application, it`s very messy and if you touch the rim at all, you have to get a wet rag and scrub it off. The wheel cleaner did nothing for me either, APC is much better.

That`s my $.02, I hope it helped. Overall good products, not cheap, but nothing that I`m jumping up and down over either.

imported_firebird
12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
I love the Speed Shine. I tried the Machine Polish 3 and the Best of Show Wax. I found both hard to apply and remove. I returned them for more Speed Shine. I explained why I am returning them and no questions asked. I also like their vinyl and rubber dressing but it`s really expensive. I think the car wash is excellent.

Husker Z
12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I love the Speed Shine. I tried the Machine Polish 3 and the Best of Show Wax. I found both hard to apply and remove. I returned them for more Speed Shine. I explained why I am returning them and no questions asked. I also like their vinyl and rubber dressing but it`s really expensive. I think the car wash is excellent.

Forgot about Speed Shine, I love that stuff, in fact I have the big jug of it!:hurray:

imported_Blackfire
12-08-2009, 10:03 PM
They sell many items in 35 ounce containers. I`m surprised they don`t offer a concentrated window cleaner, interior cleaner, wheel cleaner, etc.

I`ve never used their products. I prefer concentrated products so that I can customize them for each application.