PDA

View Full Version : BMW Jet Black

Pages : [1] 2

spartacus_33
09-08-2001, 04:20 PM
After sending my order to YO- Steve, I decided to search to find my wife a MF bathrobe. Came across a site with great prices: www.hhshopping.com/prod01.htm They have many MF cleaning products. Prices are for orders of $50.00, but so cheap, I had to order. Anyone ever deal with this company? Product review to follow.

Don2000g
09-08-2001, 06:35 PM
I look forward to a review. I always like to try or hear testimonials of different microfiber towels.

spartacus_33
09-11-2001, 03:52 PM
Yes Don I also have bought many MF towels. Even if the quality isn`t as expected , it is good to have some for grunt work.

spartacus_33
09-14-2001, 03:40 PM
Just took delivery, and I am pleasently surprised. Sure the $1.65 towels are too thin, but the "thick" ones for $2.25 seem pretty good. They are called the Euro Shine towel, and include the "as seen on TV" ad. The towel`s tag says: Euro-Shine, Made in Korea, 70% polyester/ 30%polyamide. Compared to the Neatitems towels I love, these are just as plush, but not as clingly against rough skin. Is this an important point? I also could not scratch a CD with them. I only tested them on glass, and found no lint.

We're Here
09-16-2001, 06:19 AM
NeatItems` 15" x 15" 70/30 MF towels are available for $2.49/each in orders of 100 units. I`d go for 25 of these, anyone else?

http://neatitems.com/wholesale/Micro-Fiber-wholesale.html (`http://neatitems.com/wholesale/Micro-Fiber-wholesale.html`)

Thanks ...

Don2000g
09-16-2001, 11:38 AM
I`ve been very pleased with the neatitems towels so far. I`ve probably bought 50 or so and have sent out 7 or so to various members here. I think they work well and seem to be very gentle on the finish of my paint. This along with the Miracle Towel is the only microfiber towel that I use on my paint finish.

JasonC8301
09-16-2001, 01:20 PM
I am feeling a little spendy so I can go for 10 of those neatitems towels. That should be $24.90, and then a little more for shipping and handling. I don`t have a job right now, so $62 is a little to step for me for 25 towels.

Thanks

jayder456
09-16-2001, 05:28 PM
in 5 to 10 of the neatitems towels -- if we can get enough folks to join in on a bulk order in the next week or two, split shipping costs and figure out how to get them distributed to everyone without doubling the cost. Perhaps we`d need to have everyone prepay a volunteer to place the order and then resend to participants?

Cheers,

-kcd-

PS I`m also interested in trying 2 or 3 Charisma towels as I prepare to Zaino my car soon. I understand that I missed the recent sale at the web outlet store, and there are none near me in KC. If anyone has extra they bought at the sale, I`d be interested in a making a purchase.

ISLANDSBEST
09-17-2001, 02:37 AM
KCDoug - The Rose colored Charismas (which were double discounted) appear to have sold out. But, the site, www.fieldcreastoutlet.com . still has irregulars at good discounts.

Puckman
12-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I had an 09 Jet Black 335i coupe today and it kicked my butt! When I was odering mine in 07 the BMW Jet Black had a nasty reputation for being extremely soft. I conferred with Kevin Hamill in Toronto prior to deciding on my color and even he admitted having a very tough time with the E92 Jet Blacks that were coming out as they had wickedly soft clears! I opted for the Black Saphirre paint code.

Well fast forward to today and the Jet Black BMW Coupe I had today was freakin rock hard!!! It was laughing at a modified KBM method with M105 on my circular! The car came out decent but I was disappointed in the results from my perfectionist viewpoint. Process decided on was KBM method followed by Menz SIP/orange pad 1800 on the circular then Menz 106FF/white pad and about 1100. Zaino AIO then 1 layer of Z5Pro.

I know this may only appeal to a few members but has anyone experienced an 09 BMW Jet Black and if so how hard was it? This is one of those night`s when I fell like tossing it in. I know I can and have done much better.

imported_Luster
12-06-2009, 08:38 PM
I haven`t done an `09. The only ones I`ve polished have been of the "super-soft` variety!

They must have changed their paint formula.

Maybe they decided to go with clear over Jet Black after all these years....:confused::banghead:

Puckman
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Being a regular over on quite a few of the BMW boards there was quite an outcry with the relative softness of the newer Jet Blacks. That`s kind of what I`m hoping for, Bill, in that they have changed the paint process and have hardened it up recently in response to the complaints.

Thanks for the response. I`m a little dejected tonight but I`ll get over it! This wonderful Nat Sherman Churchill cigar after about 8 hours of labor is helping!

imported_Luster
12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
What is it you`re not happy with, concerning the finish?

Does it have swirls that you couldn`t remove? Hazing?

Puckman
12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Some scratches/swirls that simply couldn`t be removed. Without a PTG I got as aggressive as I was comfortable going with and they remained. The process I decided on was the KBM with M105 and an orange pad up to about 1800 on my circular. That removed most but still left some tougher RIDS and scratches. I followed that with Menz SIP, orange pad and up to about 1600, then 106FF, white pad (and black in some areas) up to 1100. Finished with Zaino AIO and then 1 layer of Z5 Pro before running out of time with the customer. It looked great to the customer and no hazing, holograms etc, but I`ve done better. It just kicked my a**.

The problem I had was that the swirls seemed moderate, not severe by any stretch.

Old Pirate
12-06-2009, 09:07 PM
The problem is the new VOC laws in the USA. By 2019 all car companys must use water based paints on all new vehicles and the CC might be on the hard side. But who knows what happen at the plant. All I know till now it should be soft. Thanks for the heads up Paul.