PDA

View Full Version : Time to step up to a rotary

Pages : [1] 2

YoSteve
09-07-2001, 11:17 PM
I`m really psyched to try the new "fast acting" Dawn. It`s still the blue kind but its concentrated. I like the new clear bottle with the flip top, pretty cool. (probably just marketing)

http://www.homemadesimple.com/dawn/image/dawngrp.jpg

soonchawal
09-07-2001, 11:20 PM
Nope, no black to match my truck. I figure it most be like those color matching waxes from a few years ago.

Glozz
09-07-2001, 11:24 PM
Silly fello......lol :)

Just hope someone visiting for the first time does not run out and buy a case!

YoSteve
09-07-2001, 11:30 PM
okay, disclaimer: only buy the blue one (forth from the left), the other`s have additives that may leave a residue on your squeaky clean car (don`t know what the dark blue one does though)

ISLANDSBEST
09-07-2001, 11:48 PM
Hello everyone,

Good to be back (I was in Mexico -- nice vacation, but <em class=`bbc`>humid[/i] as it always is this time of the year).

Re the new Dawn:

I have not yet tried it on a car. I have used it to wash towels and applicators. I notice little improvement in most "new, improved" products. That is not the case with this new, fast-acting Dawn. It cut through dirt remarkably fast.

Zaino is not easily removed with detergent and water. The new Dawn cleaned my Zaino applicators very rapidly. This is beneficial when washing applicators or towels that were used for rubbing out the Zaino. It <em class=`bbc`>could[/i] be an indication that the new Dawn should not be used for washing a Zaino`ed car (though it is questionable if you should use even old Dawn for a regular washing; I once did and the car looked "funny" until I washed it again with Z7, Zaino car wash; Sal said that the Dawn can leave a detergent film.)

I think we should keep on an eye on the new, "fast-acting Dawn," while keeping an open mind, and share our results.

YoSteve
09-07-2001, 11:50 PM
if the new dawn turns out to be bad, people need to stock up on the old dawn so that we can all have our supplies

adjulian
09-07-2001, 11:53 PM
I have already tried the new dawn and don`t have anything negative to report at this point. It was the only dawn I was able to find when I first prepped my car and got it ready to receive Z.

Don2000g
09-08-2001, 12:35 PM
Why can`t the manufacturers leave the good products alone? I can certainly appreciate new products or new versions of a product. However, I don`t particularly care for switching or eliminating a good product with a redesigned one.

JasonC8301
09-08-2001, 01:21 PM
a second,

How can something be new AND improved. If it was new then there was no product like it befor eit came out. If it was improved, there was a previous product and how can that be new? quote on quote Adam Sandler.

Well just ranting and throwing in my 1 cent.

Jason

BradE
09-08-2001, 01:45 PM
Don,

I agree. If it ain`t broke, don`t fix it.

YoSteve
09-08-2001, 08:29 PM
Certainly many of us can`t generalize with a statment like if it ain`t broke don`t fix it. Otherwise when CMA comes out with their latest and greatest, we won`t try it :) This forum is prime example of an inevitable every increasing energy of change and motivation to find out what is better, taking that and making that better. Sometimes change for some people is like pulling teeth. I going to try Zaino next year despite the fact that Klasse will never be "broke".

I was at the store and noticed the darkest blue dawn is "power plus". More concentrated and more powerful then the already new and imrpoved (compared to the old) Dawn. Hopefully it won`t strip clearcoat !!! :)

ISLANDSBEST
09-09-2001, 04:11 AM
JasonC8301 -- lol, good point.

oddly enough, I agree both with Don2000g AND with Yo Steve.

DETAILKING
09-09-2001, 11:46 PM
Use a very little or it will leave a film on the car.

imported_96 Z-Ragtop
12-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I have been a weekend warrior for quite some time, now. My PC as been the best tool I have ever dealt with, but it`s time to jump up to a rotary. I have just gotten the PAC glass detailing kit and the backing plate does not fit my old Black and Decker Polisher/Grinder. (Don`t worry fellas, that thing is only used on catastrophies)

Any way, I am lloking to get the best bang for the buck and it`s driving me nuts. Flex or Makita. I am having a heck of a time sifting through reviews and need some advice.

HELP :banghead:

Old Pirate
12-05-2009, 07:02 PM
You should check out The Introduction to Machine Polishing at PAC : http://www.properautocare.com/intomapo.html , Great information on machines. I use the Makita rotary, but have an eye on the Flex L3403VRG Rotary Polisher.