View Full Version : Temperature and ONR

Pages : [1] 2

daveb951
09-02-2001, 04:25 AM
I recently read an advertisement on a web site which sells Blitz wax

that claims Blitz, (and I quote): Unlike other waxes, Blitz has

`cleaning` abilities.

Now.... if this is true and it does in fact possess limited

cleaning abilities, how can one `layer` this wax ?

Even if it does in fact have (limited) `cleaning` abilities and keeping in mind that it does not have any abrasives, the fact that a coat of carnauba on a cars finish is at best microscopically thin...how da heck can you `layer` as many coats as you like.

Can anyone expand on this ?

TBone

Don2000g
09-02-2001, 09:17 AM
Kindly post a link where we can read this. I`m a loyal user of Blitz and absolutley love the results that it gives. Thanks.

daveb951
09-02-2001, 11:00 AM
Hi Doug2000g,

I like Blitz also. But to answer your reply, the statement regarding Blitz was seen at: www.topoftheline.com.

TBone

FastHappy
09-02-2001, 11:10 AM
hey t-bone,

this is a new one on me and you are correct, top of the line does say that it has cleaning abilities.

here is the description of blitz wax from one grand:

One Grand BLITZ WAX is the Ultimate in Carnauba Paste Wax. Each can of BLITZ WAX is an authentic original, handcrafted today by the same family that started ONE GRAND in 1933. For over 45 years, discriminating people like yourself who appreciate quality have enjoyed the ease of application and amazing results that BLITZ WAX provides. When used as directed, BLITZ WAX produces a deep, durable, clear finish which preserves and protects against all harmful elements. BLITZ WAX has no abrasives or cleaners. You can layer as many coats as you desire and it just gets deeper and clearer. BLITZ WAX is exceptional on all painted surfaces.

JasonC8301
09-02-2001, 11:58 AM
should clear up any confusion with Blitz wax.

I am a die hard Blitz user, with occasional dippings towards Pinnacle Souveran and Paste Glaz. But for the durability and shine Blitz is the way to go!

Jason

daveb951
09-02-2001, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the effort Jason. I kinda figured the same thing. Guess product marketing can get a lil carried away sometimes :)

I also use Blitz and Souveran Paste Glaz. I notice the Souveran does produce a lil better shine but this high shine seems to last about 2 weeks max.

T Bone

Don2000g
09-02-2001, 11:36 PM
I don`t know why topoftheline would go off and say something like that. Trust me, Blitz can be layered and many of us do in fact do this. Your observation that the Pinnacle product gives a slight edge in the shine department is totally correct. However, as everyone already knows Blitz will give you outstanding depth and it is very durable. Laters.

grungy
11-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Can someone tell me if ONR gets better with warmer water/hot water? I found this to be true of most car shampoos I have used so far since the heat helps to dissolve things.

TOGWT
11-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Basic Cleaning Requirements:

Three types of energy are required;
1. Chemical energy- provided by the synthetic cleaner

2. Mechanical energy (agitation) provided by machine or hand

3.Thermal energy -provided by warm or hot water.
Heated water breaks down water-soluble soiling faster as it reduces overall chemical usage because it reduces the surface tension. Heat acts as a catalyst promoting quicker reactions between chemicals and the soil thereby minimizing dwell time. Warm or hot water helps dissolve grease and oil in soil, agitation or hand rubbing helps pull the soil free, these types of energy interact and should be in proper balance.

Old Pirate
11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I always use cool/cold water with no problems with ONR. I never will get the chance to use in warm/hot water because it doesn`t get that cold here.

grungy
11-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys! :iagree: where you live in FL doesn`t normally get as cold as it does here in parts of TX during the winter (summer is a different animal).

imported_gewb
11-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Can someone tell me if ONR gets better with warmer water/hot water? I found this to be true of most car shampoos I have used so far since the heat helps to dissolve things.

Hmm, not sure because I always use "just warm" water be it with soap or rinseless wash.

Regardsn
GEWB

imported_Luster
11-28-2009, 11:38 PM
I always use warm water, but never hot. The warm water does seem to break down the dirt on the vehicle a little better, plus it keeps my hands warm in cold weather!:clap:

imported_Indy YZF
11-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I`ll have to try this, usually I use whatever comes out of the hose (cold) and it works fine, but since i just ordered some ONR, I`ll try warm and see how that goes.

imported_Blackfire
12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Sometimes we learn more here by sharing than any of the manufacturers ever tell us.

I use water from the garden hose. I`m going to try 98 degree water next time.