PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Most Beautiful garages!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

offcenter
08-30-2001, 06:05 PM
I have been trying various products for the past few weeks. Last week I tried One Grand Show Off- not too impressed since it smeared a lot and required more buffing than Blitz wax! I tried Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl Instant Detail Spray and my new Miracle Towel today after washing and drying my car with the water bandit. Well, I found that the Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl Instant Detail Spray when wiped with the MT leaves waxy smears, I tried both sides of the MT, no improvement. At first I thought it was leaving lint but soon realized they were smears. The same thing when I used it on the moon roof and windows. Also the paint, although it has been IHG/Blitzed 3 weeks ago, doesn`t have that smooth feeling to it like Meguiars Final Inspection gives it. My decision is to wash with Mothers California Gold, dry with water bandit, QD with Meguiars FI and use invisible glass and paper towels or damp Microfiber followed by a dry microfiber for the glass. Meguiars Endurance tire gel was easy to apply and looks good so far, we will see if it lasts.

Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to use Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl Instant Detail Spray ?

JasonC8301
08-30-2001, 06:13 PM
EF Clear Pearl and most other QD`s I use (Meguiars, OG Show Off) are best used on a cool surface in a garage or shade.

Also using a small amount is better than spraying a lot on a freshly washed car.

Was it very humd when you used the Clear Pearl?

Did you wash the MF towel, and did you try another towel?

Jason

offcenter
08-30-2001, 06:24 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>EF Clear Pearl and most other QD`s I use (Meguiars, OG Show Off) are best used on a cool surface in a garage or shade.

Yes, the surface was cool, the car was in the shade (in my garage)

Also using a small amount is better than spraying a lot on a freshly washed car. One spray for each panel area okay?

Was it very humd when you used the Clear Pearl? No, it`s not humid here in Southern CA today.

Did you wash the MF towel, and did you try another towel? I did not wash the MF before use, tried another MF cloth that has been washed, same results.

Jason [/b]</blockquote>

JasonC8301
08-30-2001, 06:28 PM
Well for a freshly washed car free of loose dirt and dust, I tend to spray a small amount, maybe half a spray from the Clear Pearl onto the towel and wipe onto the surface.

Then I turn the towel and buff.

I think the Ef sprayers spray a little to much. I like OG show off`s sprayer, sprayed a nice fine mist for me.

offcenter
08-30-2001, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the reply Jason, I will give it a try next washing! I still do really like Meguiars FI for ease of use, nice gloss, no smearing or haze and smooth finish.:up

JasonC8301
08-30-2001, 07:18 PM
Most people use Meguiars FI for bug removal due to its high lube property.

ALM
08-30-2001, 07:53 PM
I can`t really say that I`ve ever had a problem with CP, as far as smearing. I would almost say that I works just as well as FI.

Just make sure the surface is clean and cool, and it should work well.

Koyaanisqatsi
08-30-2001, 09:00 PM
I would have to agree with steve that i haven`t really had a prob with CP. I hve noticed in high humidity that it leaves a bit of a haze but just went back with a dry towel and it buffed right off. FI is a good product though. There is certainly nothing wrong with using that. Its relativley cheap too.

08-30-2001, 09:33 PM
I have tried to use the One Grand ShowOff several times - each time I had problems with smearing so I gave up on it - I do have and like Meguiar`s Quick Detailer as well as the EF Clear Pearl and Eagle One`s Wipe and Shine - oh yeah, I also have Griot`s Garage`s Speed Shine but have not tried it out yet - I like them all equally but if I had to pick a favorite it would probably be the Clear Pearl - I have never had any smearing problems with it - I QD with flannel cloths after washing and drying my car - even on humid days I didn`t have any difficulty buffing it off - I agree with whoever said that maybe you are using a little too much product -I think I did that in the beginning -

Don2000g
08-30-2001, 11:22 PM
Jason`s advice of spraying one side of the Miracle Towel may very well help you out.

Bob Post
08-30-2001, 11:48 PM
of the WAX part of the detailer! I think I am going to get away from some of the carnuba detailers as the wax tends to smear and it`s harder to use than a non-carnuba detailer. You really do have to buff and I don`t see a significant color or protective difference in using the carnuba QD`s, especially since I wax and

protect (polymer) all the time. I really doubt that carnuba detailers

provide significant protection since they have to water the wax down so much, so to me it`s not really condusive to me. I like EO

Wipe `n Shine and F1 (to a lesser degree) as they don`t have the carnuba to cloud the surface. I also think it`s a compatibilty and quality issue with the carnuba-based QD`s. Just like they say a liquid wax does not protect as well as a paste, a water/carnuba

QD should be much worse.

Andre&#39;
08-30-2001, 11:53 PM
The best QD sprayer is the one on Meguiar`s Quik Detailer , not the Final Inspection bottle but the red one , it has a very fine mist.

I have never had a problem with CP smearing.

Bob Post
08-31-2001, 05:52 AM
sprays out. I am almost out of F1 in only a couple of weeks whereas MQD and EO last a lot longer. Heck, I`ve had EO for months!!!!

YoSteve
08-31-2001, 05:03 PM
http://autopia-carport.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gifswitch the sprayers and not the product if you like it better

Glozz
08-31-2001, 07:51 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Andre` [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>The best QD sprayer is the one on Meguiar`s Quik Detailer , not the Final Inspection bottle but the red one , it has a very fine mist.

I have never had a problem with CP smearing. [/b]</blockquote>
I would have to agree as well. I wish all spray bottles were as fine a mist as Quik Detailer was!

I bought a bottle of the Zaino Z-6 and it was one of the worst spray heads ever! I just bought yet another bottle of the Z-6 and the same issue. I now have a ZEP bottle from Home Depot to use for my Zaino QD spray. I`m still partial to the Meguiar`s product.