PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Have a Great Thanksgiving!

Cybercowboy
08-27-2001, 12:40 PM
Mom came by yesterday and asked me how much it would cost to get her car repainted. And when my mom asks how much something costs, it means she wants me to pay for it. Well, her silver car is a real el-cheapo late model. I don`t even know what it is - a Dodge maybe. Out of warrantee and has 4 or 5 places where the paint is peeling off. The largest is right above the rear-view mirror and is maybe 4 inches by 4 inches and has a small rust spot starting. I told her to skip getting it re-painted. Why bother, the car is a POS. But it`s all she has for now and I told her to bring it by in a week or two and I would do something.

So, I was planning on removing any loose paint, clay, and seal the car with a good Zaino treatment. Short of repainting the car, any good tips? It appears to be clear-coat paint, but I will have to verify that. My main goal here is not to increase resale value but to stop any further damage if possible. Poor Mom, if she would just listen to me more I could have got her a nice used car for the same she bought that thing for new.

Brad B
08-27-2001, 01:30 PM
Sorry, there is no cure for peeling paint. The problem is the bond underneath. No amount of wax or sealant will fix this.:(

imported_Luster
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes it`s early, but I figured a lot of members might be travelling tomorrow!

We`re having our 4 sons; One with his wife, 3 with their girlfriends, and our 2 grandkids over for Thanksgiving. Should be a wonderful time with family!

As Americans, we have much to be thankful for. Even in difficult financial times, we live in the greatest country in the world!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday everyone!

What are your plans?

Here are my 4 boys... a lot to be thankful for::biggrin:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/4boys.jpg

imported_broker99
11-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Happy Thanksgiving as well. You are so right Luster, we do have alot to be thankful for.

Please remember to pray for our Military and the men and women that will not be able to spend Thanksgiving with friends and family because they are fighting to keep us all safe.

Have a great time with your family Bill, same goes for all the other members of TID as well.

Old Pirate
11-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and a safe one too.

Tucson buffer
11-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Bill and I hope the winter will be mild one for you this year. My wife and I will spend a very relaxing thankgiving day with friends down here in sunny AZ. And I wish a happy thanks to all in TID:clap::clap:

imported_Flash Gordon
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Will be heading up to the MIL`s for a feast.Probally about 25+ ppl will attend.

I might be a redneck/white trash but us country folk be eatin real good :w00t:

Cheers to all for a Happy Thanksgiving. Be safe Sleep

imported_Jokeman
11-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Happy Turkey Day folks!

gmblack3
11-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

bmw5541
11-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Bill,
Thanks for starting this thread. It is a good idea for all Americans to be thankful, even in during these tough times.
I am hosting as I do every year, and I do all the cooking, so I will begin tonight and all day tomorrow.
I would like to thank everyone on this forum as well as the awesome folks at PAC, for giving us not only a great place to shop, but for giving us a place to come together.
So, I would like to wish everyone a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving!!

imported_mobenzowner
11-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Travel safely everyone!

Tuck91
11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. :)

imported_RaskyR1
11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I will be heading to the parents house with a bunch of my family....looking forward to that 20lb turkey! :D

Puckman
11-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Happy Thansgiving everyone and enjoy the time with your families.