PDA

View Full Version : going to order a PC but what pads

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

dtraylor
08-25-2001, 11:16 PM
Well, finally got em! Two MTX Thunder 6000 12`s in a sealed angle box, with an MTX Thunder304 300 watt amp, and an MTA 1-farad capacitor. Next weekend or sometime soon I`ll also be getting two Sony XPlod 12`s, JBL GTO 6 3/4" component speakers, and some digital thingy (forgot what its called) that digitally reproduces the bass before it gets to the subs, so they hit twice as hard. I`m so glad that I got them :) I already took to the chrome MTX logo on the amp with some Nevr-Dull, and got the rubber surrounds with some Armorall. Took a wet terrycloth to the subs, they look brand new. And all that this cost me is a coupel Saturdays of work. Next Saturday or whenever, I`ll get the Sonys and JBL`s. I think the story is still up at www.geocities.com/grant_wendel/system.html

(((BUMP)))

hkross
08-26-2001, 03:11 AM
I wouldnt go with sonys tho go with 2 inch rockfords. The have a tighter cone and produce deeper bass. What kinda head unit do you have?

ALM
08-26-2001, 08:19 AM
That stuff is crap, cuz it really isn`t good for your rubber, cuz it will cause it to eventully crack. Use 303 Aerospace instead cuz it will be 100% better for your rubber!

boywonder
08-26-2001, 08:38 AM
<span style=`font-family: century gothic`>I need to replace the speakers in my Maxima because I blew one of the stock speakers. So far, I have looked at Eclipse Point Source, JL Audio, and Rockford Fosgate. I might consider getting the Eclipse Point Source 6x9 3 way and 5.25" The other choice is the JL Audio VR650 and the JL Audio VR525.

dtraylor
08-27-2001, 08:58 PM
I ownt be using the Sony subs, they were just part of the deal :) I will sell them to someone, and prolly will do the same with the capacitor and buy some Kicker speakers for the rear doors, or save up for a new HU. I like this one: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-UBcPvzkav1G/prodpic.asp?pp=29321&i=570WDX500M&o=&a=&s=0&display=L (`http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-UBcPvzkav1G/prodpic.asp?pp=29321&i=570WDX500M&o=&a=&s=0&display=L`)

The HU I have now is stock.

hkross
08-28-2001, 01:20 AM
Save the cap!!! you never know when you might need it. A cap will save you from what i like to call disco headlights.

boywonder
08-28-2001, 11:34 AM
I am not the only one into car audio. :D

Bump, the display on my Maxima`s factory HU was out ever since I bought the car. I decided to replace it with something I have always wanted. I initially thought about Kenwood, Alpine, and Clarion but I really did not care for the aesthetics of either because it was too obvious I had something aftermarket in there.

I decided to break down and buy an Eclipse 4441 Cassette Deck with 1602 Remote. I have not regretted the decision one iota.
Even with the STOCK amp and speakers, the radio sounds very nice. I got mine for $250 (with installation, it came to $306). The beauty of this unit is that it has some nice security features as well as the ability to daisy chain 2 CD changers off of it.

Pretty soon, I am planning to get some new speakers (the list is narrowed down to Eclipse Point Source and the JL Audio VR series) and have the 5083 8 disc changer installed. Also, I might add the JL Audio 300.4 amp.

When I get the next Maxima, I plan to buy an in-dash changer in addition. Also, I plan to put 2 12" W3s or W7s with a JL Audio 500.1 sub amp.

Information on the Eclipse can be found at www.eclipse-web.com.

dtraylor
08-30-2001, 08:38 PM
PrinzII, I love car audio, its my passion. That and offroading. Give me a Crutchfield, Lowrider, 4Wheeler, or Petersens Four Wheel & Offroad and I`m set for months. I`m pretty set right now on Kicker Impulse 5x7`s for the rear doors. I`d like some 6x8`s, but cant find any in mags or on their website. The JBL front door speakers I`m getting will stay there for a while for money`s sake, until I decide to upgrade, and I`ll go to some Kicker 5x7`s and tweets or a component set. I`m starting to back out on the Aiwa HU already, and looking at a 1.5 DIN Pioneer unit. My main problem isnt really the money, its more what fits and works. I got a year to figure all this out and save up, so no rush really. I`m gonna keep the subs, I love them. I want a Profile Clarus 600 watt for the subs and move the 304 to the speakers, but I dont know. I got a page up at www.sounddomain.com/bmpnxplrer

boywonder
08-30-2001, 08:56 PM
Like you, I am into those mags as well as Car Sound and Security, Audio (Home Stuff), Car Stereo. I am also on www.audioreview.com. To be truthful, I am very fussy when it comes to car sound and clarity.

Let me give you a run down on the system I am planning for the next Maxima.

HU: Eclipse 4441 Cassette Deck/CD Changer Controller
CD Changer #1: Eclipse 5083 8 disc Changer
CD Changer #2: Eclipse 5962 6 Disc In Dash changer
Amp: JL Audio 300.4 or 500.5
Sub amp: JL Audio 500.1
Subs: JL Audio 12W3 or 12W7

Originally, I was going to get an a/d/s 640.2, JL Audio 12W3, JL Audio VR-690, and a/d/s 325 Component Speakers. However, they discontinued the a/d/s amp and I had to change the whole system.

picorrect
08-31-2001, 07:46 AM
If you ever decide you want truly high-end SQ, highest quality equipment thet market has to offer, check out http://www.ampmanaudio.com (`http://www.ampmanaudio.com`)

My system, to be built in the next few weeks will consist of:

Helix Precision HXA-500QS 5 channel amp (60x4 + 150x1) - one of the most highly underrated amps on the market. This thing puts out at least twice the rated output, as tested on the bench.

CDT Audio HD63DT-S 6.5" coaxs, no cutting plus you always want to keep the highs and mids as close together as possible.

CDT MS-100 10" sub in an Element Enclosure. I`ve heard that their 10s blow away anything in it`s class. The enclosure is sealed so well that you have a tough time getting the sub into it. No air leaks whatsoever.

Check out their site, as well as http://www.teamamp.com. (`http://www.teamamp.com.`)

Amazing stuff. Pricey, but the sound is unbelievable.

boywonder
08-31-2001, 10:37 AM
Actually, I looked at their site and found their stuff amazing for the quality. I heard about Ampman on Maxima.org and I am a member of TeamAMP (#267).

andrew43
08-31-2001, 02:05 PM
I guess I should name-drop the components I use?? ;)

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Pioneer Premier 6-Disc In dash (damn, forgot the model number :) )

Esoteric Audio cabling

3 JL Audio 8w6 in a sealed box

MB Quart 218.03CX components

Soundstream 405s

I have a bunch of PPI art series amps lying around. I would have utilized them in my new system but I wanted more simplicity and less weight since I race my newer car.

dtraylor
08-31-2001, 04:56 PM
I`m going to pick up the Sony subs, JBL speakers, and the digital bass thingy tomorrow. I`m going to save up until after Christmas and then get my stuff I think, I dunno, but thats prolly the best way to go. I`ll keep y`all updated ;)

boywonder
08-31-2001, 06:53 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by (((BUMP))) [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`m going to pick up the Sony subs, JBL speakers, and the digital bass thingy tomorrow. I`m going to save up until after Christmas and then get my stuff I think, I dunno, but thats prolly the best way to go. I`ll keep y`all updated ;) [/b]</blockquote>
Likewise, I`ll let you know what`s up on the audio for the Maxima.

dtraylor
09-01-2001, 05:11 PM
Well dang, I didnt get the stuff today :( I pulled a 7-hour day moving drywall and digging a hole in a crawlspace for a sump well. His mom took me back home though, so I didnt get the stuff. I imagine I will get them next week though. I`ll prolly be doing some painting then. BUT, the guy also wants me to detail his Intrigue sometime, so that should be more cash towards my system :)

BTW, I posted the wrong link above for my page. Its really http://members.sounddomain.com/bmpnxplrer (`http://members.sounddomain.com/bmpnxplrer`)

Y`all have a nice day :cool: