PDA

View Full Version : MF wash mitts

Old Guy
08-25-2001, 08:57 PM
Hi all,

I`m getting set to order some more car wash shampoo.

Anyone try or use the Sonax Gloss Shampoo now that it is available again?

I know the Sonax lacks the nice apple scent of the P21S (which many of my friends [converts to nicer car care supplies] like), but how does the cleaning ability compare?

Anyone have input on this?

I`m considering the Meguiars 1 gallon Gold Class from Target for my family`s daily drivers, too.

Great price, but how inferior is this soap? I`ll continue to use the premium stuff for my "garage queen", though.

JasonC8301
08-25-2001, 09:02 PM
I have used Sonax shampoo and say it is a good shampoo, compares with P21S but I think P21S offers little bit more slipperyness, is that even a word. Both great shampoos but I think Pinnacle BodyWorks Shampoo is better than both in terms of performance. The cost is a little bit more, but not much once you break it down to per wash.

I am sure someone else can input on this I have only used P212S and Sonax once a few months back.

As for the Meguiars Gold Class, it is my main shampoo, does a good job at a GREAT PRICE. $10 a gallon from Target and I am pleased. Bought my gallon a few weeks ago. Very good shampoo for family cars, that need to be cleaned and pmapered a little bit, but not as much as P21S, Sonax, or Pinnacle. It is in no way inferior!

happy detailing

Jason

Don2000g
08-26-2001, 02:03 PM
Like Jason, I would give the slight edge to the P21 shampoo. I feel that it gives slighlty better lubrication which is very important in car washing. The only bad thing that I can say about the P21 is that you have to use a little bit more than other shampoos to get the desired foam that I usually like. However, I`d have to give the slight overall nod to the Pinnacle shampoo. You only use 1/2 an ounce per car wash and it lathers up extremely well. Laters.

JS
08-26-2001, 11:44 PM
Surprised you would say that Don--I get a lot of suds from P21s--especially in comparison to Sonax...oh well. Maybe its the water.

Don2000g
08-27-2001, 12:15 AM
I should definitely explain myself a bit further then. I was comparing the P21 shampoo to two of my other favorite shampoos which are Pinnacle and the Meguiars Gold Class. Both of these latter products provide more foam or suds then the P21. However, anyone who`s used the P21 knows that it is an awesome shampoo and apparently doesn`t need this quality to wash and clean effectively. Laters.

JS
08-27-2001, 08:05 AM
No explanation necessary, Don-I didn`t mean to sound argumentative-I was just comparing P21s to Sonax...Sonax almost had no suds at all when I used it.

Brad B
08-27-2001, 08:07 AM
I`ll vote for the P21S as well.

imported_Ronin
08-27-2001, 08:24 AM
for about 8 months and I like the P21S as well.

tom p.
08-27-2001, 09:59 AM
...well, I guess I am officially undecided. They are both fine products.

Ultimately, I think I will agree with Don that the Pinnacle shampoo product,when purchased by the gallon, is probably the best overall.

I currently use 5 different shampoos and would like to get down to just 1.:p

Don2000g
08-27-2001, 08:22 PM
Decisions, decisions Tom. It`s kind of hard to select from those two great washes. I know.

Blinky
11-23-2009, 01:07 AM
I`ve been re-thinking my choice of ONR washing media lately. Obviously a MF mitt itself wont scratch or mar the finish of one`s car, but the junk that gets attached to the MF certainly can. With that in mind, wouldn`t a non-split MF mitt release dirt and debris more easily into the rinse bucket?

Todd@RUPES
11-23-2009, 06:57 AM
I`ve been re-thinking my choice of ONR washing media lately. Obviously a MF mitt itself wont scratch or mar the finish of one`s car, but the junk that gets attached to the MF certainly can. With that in mind, wouldn`t a non-split MF mitt release dirt and debris more easily into the rinse bucket?

You are correct. I don`t like MF mitt`s personally because I feel the nap is too short to begin with.

However I have used ONR with grout sponges (no nap) and never had an issue, although I really prefer using a wool mitt for the nap and the ability to release dirt.

Old Pirate
11-23-2009, 08:43 AM
I`ll with Todd on this one, I like using a grout spronge when using ONR.

imported_glfahlc
11-23-2009, 10:37 AM
i second the grout sponge and two bucket method...:iagree: