PDA

View Full Version : First time with Midnight Sun Yesterday

Pages : [1] 2

Chemist
08-24-2001, 03:24 AM
I have Mother`s claying kit.. the clay is still good, but I`ve ran out of it`s QD(I used it regularly before claying.) I also need more to remove excess SGs.. since I`ve read some recommandations for Meguire`s FI QD to remove SGs, can I use the FI with Mother`s clay? It`s just a lubricant right? or should I get another Mother`s QD and use that to remove SGs?

drmcetta
08-24-2001, 07:40 AM
IMO it should be fine...since most of basic ingredients of QD are the same anyway..

Brad B
08-24-2001, 07:44 AM
It`s not that important. It just acts as a lubricant. One of the more cost efficient ways is to take two to three caps full of quality auto shampoo and mix in a quart spray bottle. It`s the perfect lubricant.

imported_mobenzowner
11-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I had debated whether to use my Midnight Sun now or wait till spring. With winter practically here, I had 2 or 3 coats of Wet Diamond on my Highlander and thought perhaps around mid-winter I could add another if needed. Those plans went out the door yesterday as I "had" to try the Midnight Sun I won in the Big Kahuna giveway. Hey if TID was nice enough to sponsor the prize I am dang sure gonna be nice enough to use it....lol.

I have seen mixed reviews concerning application, therfore I was extremely suprised with how easy this stuff went on. It`s by no means a soft wax but it glided on very easy, in fact one of the easiest carnuabas I have used in terms of application. I used a foam applicator and a simple lite swipe over the wax loaded the pad sufficiently. The temp was about 65F so that also helped. The wax applied evenly as I put it on so thin you could hardly see it on the light colored paint. I knew it was there however, as the areas covered were slick as you ran the applicator over it a second time as I worked it into the paint. You could tell a big difference in the covered and uncovered area. I applied to one panel at a time, gave it a minute and removed before hazing. I had zero problems with removal using this method. This might not be the absolute easiest carnauba wax I have used, but it is in the top 3 or 4 for ease of removal as well.

Looks are of course subjective. I do feel it definitely adds depth and wetness when used over WD. To me it has almost a "glow" to it. I would imagine it would be stunning over red, dark blue, and black. I was happy to see that the metallic in my paint did not appear to be muted at all as I have seen some paste waxes do. The gloss remains pretty much the same as well. The only downside is you do of course loose some slickness when compared to WD, but what doesn`t.

I am very happy with this wax and can honestly recommend it, and will continue to use it. If durability is at least average(6 - 8 weeks), it will be my go to sealant topper, as all other waxes I have used, considered to be beauty waxes, last only 2 - 3 weeks and the look is gone.

Weather permitting I will try to get some pics up, however I doubt my camera or my skills will translate to pics that show the subtlety of the difference in appearance from my earlier pics of the Highlander wearing just WD.

Old Pirate
11-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Great to hear you got to use The Midnight Sun Carnuaba Paste Wax, don;`t forget pictures when you can.

imported_broker99
11-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I would love to see some pictures

imported_Luster
11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I`d like to see some pics too. I know that Midnight Sun is a great product.

Here`s why I usually don`t use "pure waxes":

They tend not to last very long AND they`re usually very expensive. (I`m kinda cheap.)

Maybe Midnight Sun is different (at least on the durability). I would rather put on a second coat of Wet Diamond and basically accomplish the same thing. Just my personal preference.

But I`m open-minded enough to listen... (and read)!:biggrin:

imported_mobenzowner
11-22-2009, 04:52 PM
The sun did not cooperate very well today. I will try to get some better ones when I have some better lighting. Here is all I could get today.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/mobenzowner/HighlanderB-1.jpg?t=1258926573

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/mobenzowner/HighlanderA-1.jpg?t=1258926640

I know the pics dont show a great deal, better ones will follow.

Tuck91
11-23-2009, 02:46 PM
The truck looks great :thumbup: I have used Midnight Sun a couple of times before and liked it for its looks, ease of application and removal.

imported_mobenzowner
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
The truck looks great :thumbup: I have used Midnight Sun a couple of times before and liked it for its looks, ease of application and removal.

Thanks CamoZ! I am really hard pressed as to why some on others forums thought it was hard to use. Maybe they had other agendas. I thought it was very easy to use. I really didnt expect it to add much to the look of WD, but the increase in depth and wetness is very noticeable. I actually had a co-worker comment on it today.

imported_Luster
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Would you say that the Midnight Sun added depth, shine, slickness or all three?

Old Pirate
11-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Your SUV looks great from your pictures, It`s great to have someone comment on the shine at work.

Old Pirate
11-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks CamoZ! I am really hard pressed as to why some on others forums thought it was hard to use. Maybe they had other agendas.

Who knows what goes on, but they are really noticing the Blackfire Product Line...:biggrin:

imported_Luster
11-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Who knows what goes on, but they are really noticing the Blackfire Product Line...:biggrin:

What?!!!! You mean BLA****** is no longer a dirty word?!:rofl:

bmw5541
11-23-2009, 08:21 PM
The SUV really does look great. Congrats again on the awesome prize:thumbup: