PDA

View Full Version : What do you dilute compound with?

Claude
08-23-2001, 08:37 PM
Has anyone had any experience with this product?I went to a local automotive paint store to pick up some pads for my DA polisher and notice they carried this product.The guy working said it was the best thing on the market!!!!!I have serius doubts about that one!!!!!He said it was used alot by Jag dealerships.On the positive side it was reasonably priced as compared to other suppliers I have seen.Later JB

soontorn_chawal
08-23-2001, 09:19 PM
Jeff,
I have never used Autoglym but CMA sells it. I have included a link with CMA`s info - http://properautocare.com/autsuprespol.html (`http://properautocare.com/autsuprespol.html`)

egd66
08-23-2001, 09:58 PM
Hi Jeff,

I have been using super resin polish (and extra gloss protection) for sometime now. I am quite satisfied with them: easy to apply and shine is quite good (on my silver laser). The only thing is that I tend to wax (using the extra gloss protection) almost every month to maintain the smoothness and shine, though never really tried to see if it can last longer than that or not.

I sent in similar query sometime back and was told that it`s shine is quite comparable to Zaino products.

Hope this helps.

Michael H
08-23-2001, 10:42 PM
Autoglym make decent products, but keep any product away from trim or you will regret it. Klasse AIO is a better choice.

mtnc
08-24-2001, 01:37 PM
I live in the UK, where as no doubt you are aware Autoglym is manufactured. I have used their products for a number of years, there are a very good range, but there is NO competetion in the UK. Meguairs have opened an on-line UK site in the last few months , but that`s about it.

I found this site when looking for an answer to swirls on a black car. I had rang Autoglym for advice only to be told "buy a good pair of sunglasses and forget about them [the swirls] - this was not what I expected.

I have purchased Zaino recently (via a colleague at a sister company) - in my opnion Autoglym cannot come near the depth of shine or ease of use of Zaino. I haven`t tried Klasse so cannot comment.

Don`t get me wrong, Autoglym are good products - but you already have the best in the US.

Hope this helps.

alfer
11-21-2009, 12:34 PM
I am using "BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Compound" for the first time, applying it with the new Maguire`s Dual Action Buffer, and am having difficulty with it`s thick, pasty consistency. What can safely be used to dilute it with? NO QUESSING PLEASE, I can do that myself!

imported_Flash Gordon
11-21-2009, 01:52 PM
I am using "BLACKFIRE Scratch Resistant Clear Compound" for the first time, applying it with the new Maguire`s Dual Action Buffer, and am having difficulty with it`s thick, pasty consistency. What can safely be used to dilute it with? NO QUESSING PLEASE, I can do that myself!

Try spritzing the pad with either water or qd. I`ve never heard of diluting compound

Todd@RUPES
11-21-2009, 01:57 PM

Hi Alfer, can you please be more specific in how you are having difficulty with the product?

Blackfire Scratch Resistant Clear Compound is a moderately heaving cutting compound that uses Menzerna abrasive technology (ie aluminum oxide) and is pretty thick because there is a whole lot of abrasives in it.

Before we go into dilluting the product, which I don`t recommend, let`s see if we can tweak your process to make the product work for you.