PDA

View Full Version : Leggo My Eggo.....

Pages : [1] 2

THERUSE
08-22-2001, 10:16 AM
HaUDuin? :D

Do you guys use sponges to wash your car?, i use a $1.50 Sponge from AutoZone and can`t complain about it, i`m just looking for input. If it matters i use meguiars gold class shampoo.

How about for buffing, i use a orbital buffer with a foam pad, to clean, glaze, and wax the paint. i used cotton terry bonets before, but i think foam pads work better.

thanks,

JasonC8301
08-22-2001, 10:30 AM
I use a chenille covered sponge right now. Costs about $3 at Target so I`m not complaining. I use Gold cLass also, just tested out Pinnacle`s Body Shampoo yesterday, I`m still thinking of wirting my opinions on it, but i will hold off unless someone tells me to post it.

I have one gallon of Gold Class wash that cost me $10, very inexpensive.

As for applying polishes and Klasse AIO, I use a Porter Cable dual action polishe with a foam pad to apply. To remove/buff I use 100% cotton Cannon towels. The fieldcrest Charisma`s are amazing so soft and plush, I have yet to use one on a car (but I have used two for myself). As a final wipe to get the small amount of lint off, I use a Microfiber towel (so expensive and my mother seems to get ahold of some of them (but hey she paid for hers) so I only use 4 for car detailing, one to dust the interior, one to wipe down the car after a wash and dry before I apply anything with the Porter Cable, one as a final wipe towel, and one for glass.

So just in one sentence, Ditch the sponge and get a chenille Mitt.

Jason

Greek Guy
08-22-2001, 10:37 AM
Jason what is your opinion of Pinnacle Shampoo?

Tomciob, I would also recommend using a chenille wash mitt instead of a sponge.

BradE
08-22-2001, 10:39 AM
O.K. Jason, I`ll be the one to ask. :) What did you think of the Pinnacle`s Body Shampoo? Is it really worth the $$$.

BradE
08-22-2001, 10:40 AM
Ahhhh........grandprix, I see you beat me to it. Well, at least we know great minds think alike. ;)

JasonC8301
08-22-2001, 10:41 AM
grandprix, let me make lunch, and then I`ll do a write up on it, around 12:30 PM or so eastern time.

As for the whole ditch the sponge thing, a sponge does not have the pile of a chenille pad/mitt. The dirt would be pressed onto the surface acting like sand paper. Sure the two bucket method might hinder this a little bit, but better safe than sorry.

Jason

ALM
08-22-2001, 01:38 PM
I use a syntheitc sheepskin wash mitt. Works really good. Id get rid of the sponge, to get rid of the sandpaper effect.

imported_capid1
08-22-2001, 10:32 PM
I use a Meguiars sponge and dont find anything wrong with it, its not as coarse as a cheapo sponge (even if the price is the same), and EVERYONE uses a sponge to apply Waxes so what all this BS about sponges???

If its a fine good quality one then its not much different to the Wax applicator your using

JasonC8301
08-22-2001, 10:39 PM
I use foam applicators on a car after it has been washed. Foam touches the paint when it is clean, not cover in dirt or heavy dust.

But hey to each their own, have success with something keep on using it.

Jason

imported_capid1
08-22-2001, 11:41 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I use foam applicators on a car after it has been washed. Foam touches the paint when it is clean, not cover in dirt or heavy dust.

But hey to each their own, have success with something keep on using it.

Jason [/b]</blockquote>
Well its not like I wash my car when its got sand all over it, I do spray it with a hose first to get most the big bits off if any. So your argument is a sponge holds more grit n stuff than is advantageous I guess. I guess thats debatable depending on the user and how they wash the car.

JasonC8301
08-22-2001, 11:50 PM
Well if your car is failry clean, and you have not gotten and swirls from the sponge. Continue using it.

The cars I clean don`t get washed for 2 weeks to a few months. So the spraying method removed about half of the dirt/sand/whatever the owner seems to get on it and the other half gets to be glided off with the mitt.

Just keeps my mind at ease,

Jason

imported_Flash Gordon
11-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Director Just got back from Kroger. Seems theres gonna be a shortage of Eggos starting immediately and running thru mid 2010. I bought 6 boxes :o

Director The plant in Atlanta flooded, causing them to shut down temporarly. Plus, the equiptment at Kellog`s biggest waffle making facility in Rossville, Tn needs extensive repairs forcing it to shut down also :(

Director Just thought I`d give everyone a headsup so you want be left behind :devil:

Old Pirate
11-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Have pancakes............:cornut:

imported_Luster
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I make my own.

http://www.milkfreepantry.com/images/products/cooking/bisquick-med.jpg

Old Pirate
11-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Now your talking!.....:thumbup: