PDA

View Full Version : Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner vs. 4* Leather cleaner and conditioner

2drtahoez71
04-02-2004, 01:57 AM
I have the lexol leather cleaner and conditioner, are these good enough products, or should I spring for the 4* Leather cleaner and conditioner?

EUROTECH
04-02-2004, 02:30 AM
go for 4* excellent system and wonderfull leather smell.

Chris Y.
04-02-2004, 04:02 AM
I like the 4* and Pinnacle Leather products over Lexol. For some reason, the Lexol conditioner feels greasy and sticky...

2drtahoez71
04-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Chris Y.
I like the 4* and Pinnacle Leather products over Lexol. For some reason, the Lexol conditioner feels greasy and sticky...
i thought so too (that lexol was sticky and greasy)

The Fuzz
04-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by EUROTECH
go for 4* excellent system and wonderfull leather smell.

What`s wrong with Lexol`s smell? I happen to love the smell of donkey urine, as one post I read so eloquently described it. :lmfao

Bill D
04-02-2004, 11:24 AM
I`ve never found the Lexol sticky or greasy. I apply with one terry pad , then go back and buff with another terry pad. I do this on both coated platinum leather and uncoated navy leather, no problems :dunno

awd330
04-02-2004, 11:35 AM
I`ve found Lexol Conditioner to have more of a tacky feel than many other leather dressings. For items like steering wheels, I find that to be a good thing. For seats and armrests, I prefer something that`s feels smoother to the skin (like Poorboy`s Natural Look). I have not yet tried the 4* leather products.

The Fuzz
04-02-2004, 11:44 AM
You have to try 4* leather stuff. It is unreal. It makes me wish I had a leather interior so I could smell that smell all the time.

NattyBumppo
04-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by The Fuzz
What`s wrong with Lexol`s smell? I happen to love the smell of donkey urine, as one post I read so eloquently described it. :lmfao

:lmfao That is so true. Lexol does smell pretty foul. I have a 1/2 full bottle of Lexol leather cleaner so I`ll use it until it`s gone the after that it`ll be the 4* only. My 4-Star leather conditioner should be here today or Monday. :)

Bill D
04-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I agree Lexol definitely has an odor. That being the case sounds like Lexol is stretching the truth at least to some extent:

(from the lexol website) Unlike most organic solvents, LEXOL is nonflammable, odorless, non-toxic and non-sensitizing to the skin. Also, LEXOL does not impart a greasy or tacky feel to the surface of the leather.

dalmore
04-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Perhaps they mean after it dries for a week ... :dunno