PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire WD on Clearcoated Wheels...

nerdhunters
08-21-2001, 06:27 PM
It`s what I`ve used on the M3 seats for 13 years and they are in great shape, I`m very happy with it.

mx5
08-22-2001, 08:28 AM
The name of that product sounds funny. What kind of food are you hiding?

Don2000g
08-23-2001, 05:16 PM
I believe that this product is not recommended for clear coated leather.

imported_Luster
11-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Most modern polished aluminum wheels are clearcoated. The best protection for any clearcoat wheel is a high quality wax or sealant.

I just wanted to give them a couple nice coats of Blackfire before winter storage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/03_spiralgray/IMG_3997.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/bluster/03_spiralgray/IMG_4004.jpg

Legacy99
11-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Bill, Blackfire does make a metal sealant. Also good for clear coat. Just put first coat on my chrome wheels.http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x229/rsurfer1/DSC00002-1.jpg

Todd@RUPES
11-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Bill, Blackfire does make a metal sealant. Also good for clear coat. Just put first coat on my chrome wheels.

Correct, an in many cases the Blackfire Metal Sealant is going to be a slightly better choice for wheels for a couple of reasons.

Both the Metal Sealant and Wet Diamond Paint Sealant use the same `Blackfire` polymers as a base. However there are slight tweaks in the formula that effect how the polymers will bond to the surface.

Metal Sealant will have a slightly (I really cannot notice too much of a difference) more reflective, slightly less deep shine (more similar to KSG). It will outlast Wet Diamond on metal surfaces and also slightly out perform Wet Diamond with extreme temperatures (such as wheels and brakes).

Alternatively, Wet Diamond is going to have a deeper look, and will last longer on painted surfaces that are not subjected to 250 degrees or more.

Again we are talking slight tweaks to better perform for their intended purposes. Proper Auto Care has been selling boutique car care products since 1989 (and making them the whole time) so the team does put thought into what, why, how we can make the best products for each circumstance. It is really Jack`s passion, which is why every weekend he is detailing something and playing with some new product. It`s cooler to have an owner who is really no different then ourselves.

imported_Luster
11-18-2009, 01:36 PM
It is really Jack`s passion, which is why every weekend he is detailing something and playing with some new product. It`s cooler to have an owner who is really no different then ourselves.

That is really nice to know! So many owners are just "in it for the money"!!! Definitely not true in the case of PAC! (Makes me want to buy more stuff...):biggrin:

imported_Luster
11-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Todd.... do you recommend BFWD, BF Metal Sealant, or Wheel Wax for clearcoated wheels?

TroyScherer
11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Todd.... do you recommend BFWD, BF Metal Sealant, or Wheel Wax for clearcoated wheels?

Sorry bring up old threads like this but this is my current question. Is BFMS a better choice for my painted & clear coated wheels than BFWD or my current wheel wax?

bmw5541
11-17-2010, 11:42 PM
I can say that I have tried all three. I do think the BF Metal Sealant is the best choice for wheels out of the three. It lasts longer and looks every bit as good as BFWD. I would say Wheel Wax is number 2 and BFWD is number 3.

Bill, the wheels look great though. Are you putting your new beauty into hybernation for the winter, or are you going to try to get a few more weeks of pleasure out of her?

bmw5541
11-17-2010, 11:44 PM
oops, I just noticed the date on the OP.
The wheels still look great though. I should have known those weren`t the wheels on the new Vette.